Web site issues?

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
tilly

Re: Web site issues?

Post by tilly »

Thanks for that buffaloskinner with me its an age thing i still look for press button A or Button B on my mobile.The younger ones on site will not get this joke or maybe no one will.He.He. :lol:
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

tilly wrote:Thanks for that buffaloskinner with me its an age thing i still look for press button A or Button B on my mobile.The younger ones on site will not get this joke or maybe no one will.He.He. :lol:
Hi tilly :).

Pressing button B on phones was always fun as a kid, particularly if you did get some coins returned if the previous user had forgotten to press B when not using all of the coins inserted when making a call. ;)
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi Leodian we were not bad kids but we used to put some newspaper up the button B outlet sometimes it would work.I guess that would be called street wise now, back to the computer i am not very good with this laptop i can do my photographs on my flickr site. I can do a bit of photoshop post on Secret Leeds go on e bay but not a lot more i have more than two thousand photographs on my laptop and over four hundred and sixty on flickr.So you can see why i like to see the photos you post on site by the way i am far from being a pro at photograph :D y.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Leodian wrote:
tilly wrote:Thanks for that buffaloskinner with me its an age thing i still look for press button A or Button B on my mobile.The younger ones on site will not get this joke or maybe no one will.He.He. :lol:
Hi tilly,

Pressing button B on phones was always fun as a kid, particularly if you did get some coins returned if the previous user had forgotten to press B when not using all of the coins inserted when making a call.

Off the topic but mentioning pay phones , when i was working on Tewksbury Market in Gloucester some 30 years ago there was a likely lad out of Birmingham and he was selling what looks like what we have today the size of a mobile phone, on one side were numbers and on the other was a round piece . If held to the old fashioned phone in the red box you dialled the number through it and got a connection. Well after trying one out in a local box we all bought one.
I used to come down from Leeds on a Tuesday evening, stay overnight in the Pub next to the Market and go to work first thing the following morning.
Just as an aside the landlord of the Pub Chris was brought up at Castle Howard where he and his family lived in the Gatehouse.
After some time of hearing about us all having free calls he decided to havee one and used it on the Pub phone which was still then a payphone, time went by and on New years Eve. he decided to ring his twin Daughters who were teachers in Tokyo, it seems he got through o.k. and spent over an hour gossiping on it.
All was well untill about four weeks later he received a terrific bill from B.T.

Crime does not always payphone

tilly

Post by tilly »

That made me laugh volvojack.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

It's me again, Thanks B. Skinner, jma and tilly for all your helpful advice but this problem is still there. I can't add any more about this than i have posted earlier.
Really could do with someone from Admin to just step in and erase this as i am baffled.

jma

Post by jma »

volvojack

My only other suggestion involves looking at this down the other end of the spyglass. If you explain - step by step - what you do on your computer to reach this website, somebody should be able to spot where things are happening against your wishes. I'm pretty sure that a bit like the genie in the lamp or the monkey's paw, your computer is treating something literally (in a computer's way of reading things) and you haven't spotted what's being repeated automatically every time. Although computers seem clever, they are actually as thick as pigs' dooh dahs - ie totally stupid.

mhoulden

Post by mhoulden »

Google tends to adapt to what you click on the most, so if you keep following the link to Leodian's post, that's what will appear at the top. When you say you "go into Google", what exactly do you mean? Are you following a bookmark to google.com, typing "Secret Leeds" in the search bar and then following the first link? Try searching for "secretleeds.com" instead and see if that gets to the right place.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Good Morning all,
Thanks to all of you who took the trouble to offer advice and help. I showed it to her indoors and she cured it in seconds by removing Secret Leeds ( changed the bookmark ) and all is well. You had told me this but i did not understand.
i do know at the time i intended to reply to one of Leodians posts concerning the Y.E.P.and then i was stuck with that page.

Once again a big thank you and for patience to all members.

jma

Post by jma »

volvojack

It'd good to hear that your problem has been solved. :D