McAfee blocks Secret Leeds

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
chemimike

McAfee blocks Secret Leeds

Post by chemimike »

Recently i have had a problem with accessing the forum caused by McAfee. It started on one laptop i use, and when I tried to access forum it came up "No internet access, check cables or may be firewall blocking". Found that if I turned off firewall or pressed "Restore defaults" then could access. After a few days "Restore Access" did not work, though could still access after dropping firewall. That was for this site only, and my other computer was unaffected, so I was not too worried. Now the same is happening with my other laptop. At moment can get back by pressing "Restore defaults", but worry that this may stop working , as it did on first machine.
Anyone more techno-savvy than me got any ideas to solve the problem?

tilly

Re: McAfee blocks Secret Leeds

Post by tilly »

Hi chemimike hope you get it sorted we need you on the site with your input all the best.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

McAfee could be registering the site as a "false positive" due to some problem with the site security certificate.

Is there a way of informing McAfee, within the programme?

Mebbee it is due to all the COLONS floating about.

blackprince

Post by blackprince »

Norton's anti virus sometimes advises me not to open SL but I choose to ignore the advice and override it.
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Brunel wrote:McAfee could be registering the site as a "false positive" due to some problem with the site security certificate.

Is there a way of informing McAfee, within the programme?

Mebbee it is due to all the COLONS floating about.
A bit of colonic irrigation may be needed ;).

PS. I use Norton and that sometimes states there is a problem when I want to open posts that seem to have been made before the last work on the SL site (that after which many images were lost, hopefully not permanently).
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.