Lost my original login password, cant use my old username!

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
johnnykaos

Lost my original login password, cant use my old username!

Post by johnnykaos »

Hi Folks!

Its been a while since I used the Secret Leeds Forum as I've been a bit miffed that for some reason when I've come to use the forum my original username and password wont let me log in. I used to be known as JonLeeds and I'd always had the same password for years and never changed it.

I dont know if it coincided with the forum being redesigned that my problem with not been able to login started. Anyway its put me off using the forum as I've felt like I've lost my identity on the forum and I'd used the Secret Leeds forum virtually since it started plus I contributed quite a lot of material and people knew me by that login name as a lot of the things I'd written threads about or discussed would be spotted by people I know and they knew it was me.

I'm pretty gutted that I've lost the connection with storiesand stuff I'd written on the forum as I'm now having to login as a different username. I've tried various combinations of my original username and password with no success. Can anyone suggest how I might get my original user name unlocked and be able to change the password to something that will allow me to login? I emailed Duncan but whatever he suggested I do didnt work so I'm still stuck.

Many thanks!

Johnny

dsco
Site Admin

Re: Lost my original login password, cant use my old username!

Post by dsco »

HI Jon, you should have received your new password when they were all sent out before the relaunch but obviously it didn't make it for some reason, perhaps a defunct email account or an error at our end. I've also discussed the options with you before on email but you never got back to me to let me know there was an issue so I assumed it had been resolved. Your old username is there ready and wwaiting for you to use. If you want to email me at duncan@tyrell.mobi I will sort out a new password. Nice to see you back on the site anyway, even if it's in a new guise! All the best, Duncan
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi Jon nice to see you back, please dont give up on the site i enjoyed your threads the things you collect and your trips out in the woods keep up the good work.Sid.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

hyperioncantlogin

Post by hyperioncantlogin »

Look in forward to the day i can use my old username and password

johnnykaos

Post by johnnykaos »

tilly wrote:Hi Jon nice to see you back, please dont give up on the site i enjoyed your threads the things you collect and your trips out in the woods keep up the good work.Sid.
Well I've emailed Duncan so hopefully I can get my old username login details and rejoin the forum. Thanks for the kind comments 'Sid'!

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

I've emailed both of you Jon/Hyperion, let me know if you have any further issues/queries. If anyone else is having login issues please email duncan@tyrell.mobi and I'll do my best to resolve things!
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Happy Valley

Post by Happy Valley »

Good to see you back on here posting again Jon. I too lost my old user name in the forum switch, but this new one is fine.

I enjoyed watching the Juliet Bravo episodes on youtube that you mentioned in one of your last posts on your old account in the Vulcan thread.

Did you ever watch the Edge of Darkness box set that you wanted to see?

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Happy Valley wrote:Good to see you back on here posting again Jon. I too lost my old user name in the forum switch, but this new one is fine.

I enjoyed watching the Juliet Bravo episodes on youtube that you mentioned in one of your last posts on your old account in the Vulcan thread.

Did you ever watch the Edge of Darkness box set that you wanted to see?
Thanks Happy Valley! Yes I did get round to watching Edge of Darkness and I thought it was a stunning piece of TV drama, I missed out on buying the boxed set though, I just downloaded it in the end..
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

Happy Valley

Post by Happy Valley »

Cool, I ran a spare copy off of the box set that I bought for my dad, which you could have had if you hadn’t and still wanted to watch it.

I noticed that they quickly whacked the sale price up on it that day, yet I bet they hadn’t sold a copy for ages until we all started buying them after reading your thread.