Query about some links.

Post by Leodian »

There is a section at the bottom of the Home Page that states:-

ABOUT SECRET LEEDS
SecretLeeds is managed by Tyrell
e. ask@tyrell.mobi
w. tyrell.mobi / tyrell.digital
To find out more see here.

The 'e.' presumably stands for email, but when I click on that link I get this message "Could not perform this operation because the default email client is not properly installed". My email is AOL, so does this mean that if I ever did need to use that ask@tyrell.mobi email address link that I would need to install another email company? The 'w.' presumably means website, as those two links bring up websites. The "see here" link however brings up (at least on my system) a "The page cannot be found" message. Sorry admin if I'm being a bother but I thought I would mention my comments.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

buffaloskinner

Re: Query about some links.

Post by buffaloskinner »

If you use AOL as a web based email programme then it cannot be your default email client. You would therefore need to copy and paste the email address ask@tyrell.mobi into your AOL web based email.

You need something like or similar to Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express to have a default email client.
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Buffalo Skinner is correct in that a web based email won't automatically open a message with the email address prepopulated and you will need an email application. Unless you have moved to Windows10 which did offer me the option of using microsofts webmail as well as detecting I have an email client that wasn't open (so that was offered as an options too)

As for the broken link. Congratulations I suspect you have discovered a configuration error Duncan made when moving the site to the new software. He presumably hard coded secretleeds.com/about-us.php into that link but the site automatically adds the site domain anyway so we get a repeat secretleeds.com/secretleeds.com/about-us.phpas the link when really it should be http://secretleeds.com/about-us.php which can also be reached clicking the About between Home and Useful Link on the top menu bar.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

liits

Post by liits »

Wow, tyke bhoy, speaking in tongues is a reality!

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Yep TykeBhoy is right, we'll have a look into fixing that issue - cheers all!
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.