unable to access raf photo site

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
valetta varsity

unable to access raf photo site

Post by valetta varsity »

Hello ive just joined the forum and wanted to browse the 1951 RAF Photo recce of Leeds ,unfortunately everytime i click on the link it displays "site does not exsist" why is this occurring as it seems other members have been able to.

http://secretleeds.com/viewtopic.php?t=4981

buffaloskinner

Re: unable to access raf photo site

Post by buffaloskinner »

I believe that the photos originally posted have been removed by the user for personal reasons
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

I think they could now be on Facebook but I'm not certain.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

liits

Post by liits »

I looked for them on that FB page recently and couldn't find them.
Also removed from FB but another Leeds related site altogether, was our "old friend", Sticks. Seem like the saying about leopards and spots is true after all!

valetta varsity

: unable to access raf photo site

Post by valetta varsity »

Thankyou for the responses,Its a real shame these images have been withdrawn depriving people from enjoying them, i dont wish sully anyone but could the personal reason be a financial one, all i can say is thank goodness for the larger Old Leeds photographic site whos use is free to all,

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

liits wrote:I looked for them on that FB page recently and couldn't find them.
Also removed from FB but another Leeds related site altogether, was our "old friend", Sticks. Seem like the saying about leopards and spots is true after all!
What site is that Chris,would love a sneak peak.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

liits

Post by liits »

I can't remember if it was Leedsface, Leeds History or Crossgates - Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow. I've been searching for a particular picture and I've trawled so many sites over the past week or so that my head hurts. I was brought up short by seeing his [real] name briefly. I'm guessing that some / many of his posts had been removed or deleted as there were only a few rants before a final comment by one of the admins.

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

liits wrote:I can't remember if it was Leedsface, Leeds History or Crossgates - Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow. I've been searching for a particular picture and I've trawled so many sites over the past week or so that my head hurts. I was brought up short by seeing his [real] name briefly. I'm guessing that some / many of his posts had been removed or deleted as there were only a few rants before a final comment by one of the admins.
I wonder what his problem is
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

cnosni wrote:
liits wrote:I can't remember if it was Leedsface, Leeds History or Crossgates - Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow. I've been searching for a particular picture and I've trawled so many sites over the past week or so that my head hurts. I was brought up short by seeing his [real] name briefly. I'm guessing that some / many of his posts had been removed or deleted as there were only a few rants before a final comment by one of the admins.
I wonder what his problem is
STICKS. This a photo of the man that he posted himself on this forum :evil:
Attachments
STICKS.jpg
STICKS.jpg (32.7 KiB) Viewed 8317 times