Private messages

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
String o' beads

Private messages

Post by String o' beads »

I've set my preferences to be notified when I have a PM but I've not received the notifications, having just discovered a couple of messages.

dsco
Site Admin

Re: Private messages

Post by dsco »

Hmm, not sure I'll have a play around and see what I can see...
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Okay ta.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Like the choice on theme, setting pop-up notification to yes doesn't seem to stick
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

tyke bhoy wrote:Like the choice on theme, setting pop-up notification to yes doesn't seem to stick
As you're a bit of an advanced technical user TykeBhoy, could you test something out for me? I think the cause of these issues is cookie related. The cookies for the old site were associated with the domain www.secretleeds.com, whereas the new site uses secretleeds.com instead - i.e. no www. bit. This means they are stored separately by your browser and I think that might be causing a conflict somewhere.

Could you go into your settings and delete all the www. domain related cookies, retaining the non-www ones? Since I did that I've managed to remain logged in (I think). The checkbox option to stay logged in still doesn't appear to retain the setting for some reason, but it seems to be working all the same.

Let me know how you get on!
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Hi Duncan.

I couldn't find (home laptop) any cookies pertaining to www.secretleeds.com but then for about the last week, probably slightly longer, I haven't needed to login to SL on home laptop, work computer, home tablet or my smartphone (chrome on all with the former 2 Windows7 and latter 2 Android).as the remember login now seems to stick including surviving reboot. Can't say the same for the pop-up option on notification of PM sticking though.

Cheers

Tyke
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hmm, well that doesn't contradict my theory but it doesn't prove it either. Any of our other more techie users fancy testing this out? Barfly perhaps?