General Error. You are not allowed to access this file.

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
Leodian

General Error. You are not allowed to access this file.

Post by Leodian »

With the change to the new style SL somethings mentioned in old posts are no longer correct. I have for example just tried to edit a couple of old posts that now have wrong references to page numbers in a thread. I had no trouble editing one of the posts but I am unable to edit the other as I keep getting a message "General Error. You are not allowed to access this file." I have even tried logging out then logging back in but I still got the message. The post I did manage to edit was text only whereas the post I could not edit does have a photo, so perhaps that is behind why I cannot edit its text. It's not a biggie problem but I thought I would mention it.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

dsco
Site Admin

Re: General Error. You are not allowed to access this file.

Post by dsco »

Leo could you send me links ot the files you tried to edit with some more details and I'll try and figure out the problem - ask@tyrell.mobi Cheers!
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Hi dsco

I have tried to send you an email using your Windows Live Mail link but I got an error message indicating that there was a problem and that the email was not sent. I don't know why but I wonder if it is because I use AOL and perhaps I need to be a member of and logged into Windows Live Mail to use that service? As there was however nothing private in the email that I tried to send this was its text:-

Hi dsco

Regarding your request in the ‘Re: General Error. You are not allowed to access this file.’ in Secret Leeds. I have looked through two threads that I thought I may have accessed to edit that post but I could not find it in them. For the life of me I now cannot recall what thread I had accessed. As I was only trying to change a page number it is however not of any importance as there may now be many wrong page number references in SL posts. In future though if I ever refer to a previous post I shall state the date/time of that post not a page number. Thanks for your interest in helping.

Leo

PS. Currently I’m just about throwing off a bad cold! I hope to very soon get back to taking photos.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hmm not sure what the email error is, I don't use Windows Live Mail or AOL, working fine for me from the link.

Anyway - I get what you're talking about regarding the page number issue, and you're right I'm not sure there's much to be done about that now. I'll have a think though! We are now redirecting anything using the old link structure (e.g. www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messages.aspx?ThreadID=343) to the new structure so there might be something I can do with that system to improve it, if not completely resolve the problem.

If you come across the "General error" problem again let me know the details, I think that's to do with an incorrect setting in forum permissions or something and should get fixed as it will be affecting all users (in certain forums or something like that).

Ta!
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hmm, no actually I reckon I can fix the page number thing. Apologies if you experience any technical difficulties in the next hour or two, please do not adjust your set, it's some numpty smashing stuff up in the back office...