Email notifications?

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
BarFly

Email notifications?

Post by BarFly »

My apologies if this is a silly question but I am not familiar with this forum software. Is it possible to receive email notifications when a thread one has posted in is updated?

Brunel

Re: Email notifications?

Post by Brunel »

If you use the FULL EDITOR"...scroll down and there are a number of tick boxes.

"Notify me when a reply is posted"

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

I see Brunel has given the brief and pefectly validanswer but I'll still post my more comprehensive answer for further clarity

Yep. Subscribe to the thread. If you use the Full Editor rather than the quick reply there is a number of checkboxes at the bottom the last of which is 'notify me when a response has been posted'. Although there appears to be the ability to subscribe to topics as well as threads I can't see how to do that for the former and other than editing but not changing a post in a thread and fticking the checkbox I can't see anyway of subscribing to a thread without posting again

You can revoke your subscription via the overview tab and manage my subscription menu item in the user control panel. This is where I spotted manage forum subscriptions
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

Ah, thanks both, I'd not used the full editor so hadn't seen the tick boxes.
:)

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Well I don't believe I have anything to add here - nice tech support guys :)
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.