settings

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
skippy

settings

Post by skippy »

I know it's a silly question but I want to change a password of my own choosing, but cant find the settings to do this, I'm pulling my hair out after two days of looking. please help many thanks
brenda littlejohn

BarFly

Re: settings

Post by BarFly »

If you click the thingy (that's a technical term) in the top right with the three lines which you use to log on there's an option for something like User Control Panel go there under Profile and you should be able to find it. I found that when I tried to change both my password and email address at the same time it wouldn't let me so unless it's just me (which it could well be) it's probably a good idea to only change one thing at once.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

BarFly wrote:If you click the thingy (that's a technical term) in the top right with the three lines which you use to log on there's an option for something like User Control Panel go there under Profile and you should be able to find it. I found that when I tried to change both my password and email address at the same time it wouldn't let me so unless it's just me (which it could well be) it's probably a good idea to only change one thing at once.
I think, from memory, you are sent an email to confirm password change and probably email change. For that reason it probably isn't a good idea to permit both to be changed at once.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

I wasn't sent an email to confirm the password change and it looked as if both were changed until I tried to log in with the new details. As a general rule though, I know what you mean.

skippy

Post by skippy »

BarFly wrote:If you click the thingy (that's a technical term) in the top right with the three lines which you use to log on there's an option for something like User Control Panel go there under Profile and you should be able to find it. I found that when I tried to change both my password and email address at the same time it wouldn't let me so unless it's just me (which it could well be) it's probably a good idea to only change one thing at once.
many thanks for your reply barfly , I have done what you said and now I'm sorted. thanks again.
brenda littlejohn

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Cracking tech support once again guys :)
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Help.....
This is ot exactly setting but i wonder if anyone can help. when i come on all the Subjects recent or not, are now on the left hand side of the page. before aprox the last six or so posts were on the righthand side and the "General Topics etc. were below on the left. Now as I stated it's all on the left and nowt like as easy to read.
I don't mind giving my password to a Moderator or someone who could rectify this problem for me as i might not be explaining this quite clearly enough and they could see it. Thank you,

jma

Post by jma »

I'm no computer expert but I don't think this is caused by your forum settings. I think you are returning to the forum with some sort of a link from a previous visit and it's just taking you back there.

If you type secret leeds into your search engine (eg google or bing) and click on one of the hits for secretleeds.com without anything after the .com you will get the home page. I'm pretty sure that by whatever way you are getting to the forum, it's with something that has more after the.com and that's where you are being taken. The computer assumes you want to go there bypassing the home page.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Thanks jma,
Tried that and it just was no different so called our Lass in to have a look. She said "Do you normally have the print so Large?" when i said No, she returned it to half it's size and everything is back to normal. The prob;lem was just that everything was to fit to big fit on the page.
Thanks once again, ( Wot a Doughnut I am )

jma

Post by jma »

All's well .... etc.