Site update - IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

dsco wrote: Yes good call Phill - another exciting new feature of phpBB is the ability to merge threads, so we can curate things a bit better from now on. And yes, vague thread titles should be amended to make things clearer - I'll have a look into adding that to the moderation guide when I've got all this stuff finished! That is good dsco, in the past I've spent some pretty boring times copying and pasting the contents of one to another - the will to press buttons tends to wane after a while! - Not to mention the grumbles from some about where has MY thread gone

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Did it start a week early? ;-) No post in almost 20 hours and no technical fault I can see
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Yes. Fortunately you managed to post something so all's well.
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

Well, this is exciting! Like others I've used a few PHPBB forums and I even set one up myself for a a laugh so a few friends could mess around. I agree it's a decent, modular system and unlikely to be going anywhere. Does this also mean a move to Linux hosting, might be a little cheaper?A big thank-you Duncan for keeping this site going -- it's a great resource for Leeds history.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Yes right enough Barfly we are moving to Linux hosting and it's significantly cheaper, the current Rackspace Windows VPS is eye-wateringly expensive.
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I'm confused (as more or less usual)! Posts and replies to posts in this thread clearly show that the new SL website has in fact already started despite my understanding that it would be several more days yet. Could its web address please be provided so I can access the new site. Thanks.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Croggy1
Site Admin

Post by Croggy1 »

It's the same address Leo - so you don't have to do anything different.It all looks the same to me, too - so I think I might have to log out and in again ....

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

Leodian wrote: I'm confused (as more or less usual)! Posts and replies to posts in this thread clearly show that the new SL website has in fact already started despite my understanding that it would be several more days yet. Could its web address please be provided so I can access the new site. Thanks. Apologies, I think posts like mine are causing the confusion. The site has not yet changed but some of us have used forums that are based on the software that will be used on the new Secret Leeds. There was also a test site that Duncan put up so we could see some of his ideas for the site.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Thanks Croggy1 and BarFly for your replies.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/