Site update - IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

The site switchover is a little while off yet, apologies for any confusion. The new site looks a bit different from the present one, you'll spot the difference when it changes.
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Thanks for the new site details. Unfortunately it won't let me log in.I used my username as it is here and the password as emailed.

liits

Post by liits »

Geordie-exile wrote: Thanks for the new site details. Unfortunately it won't let me log in.I used my username as it is here and the password as emailed. Same for me.

mhoulden

Post by mhoulden »

I think those passwords will only work when the site gets updated.

liits

Post by liits »

Sorry to do this but i'm gonna have a whine. Although I can't log in, I've had a look around an I think it looks great.Back to the not being able to log in..... here, I'm reminded of the Yorkshire Indexers site. They did have a very fiddly and not very obvious log-on set up which, at one time [and I'm sure they've changed this], did not let you stay logged in for more than a few days. I didn't use the site much for that reason, and could never seem to get my password right - even though I use exactly the same password for everything. They also had this three attempts at logging in lark and if you failed for the third time, you were locked out for 24 hours - we don't have this, do we? At your next attempt you then came up against an "Enter the text below exactly as you see it type of thing. The appearance of the letters / numbers were so obtuse as to be unreadable. Its the same on our new version! Damned if I can see what those letter / number are! Do we get so much spam that we need this function?The map thing...... This looks very, very much like MAGIC maps [now managed by Natural England]. All Government departments and Local Authorities had access to this and it was [edited for content]. I've spent the last week tricking about with MapBB and think I'll stick with Google Earth and photoshop. They do what I want , in the way I want. I hope it was an open source thing and that you've not paid for it!Not that I'm in any way frustrated at not being able to log in, you understand.

TABBYCAT

Post by TABBYCAT »

When where the passwords e-mailed I haven't seen nothing in My inbox yet or are they going out in batches at different times?

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hi folks I sent out a very limited number of passwords to a handful of site users to test the new site. Liits, Geordie, let's take this discussion off the public forum, it's just confusing people - please respond to my email rather than posting stuff in here. TabbyCat you'll receive a new password in due course, the new site's not active yet. Thanks guys!
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

TABBYCAT

Post by TABBYCAT »

Thanks Duncan.understood. Apologies Liits, Geordie for for blundering in cackhanded as usual!

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Finally got into new site Duncan.I have sent you my thoughts.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

What new site? Is this one going?
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge