Why are posts being removed? Who is editing this forum and why?

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

I've noticed that quite a lot of posts of my own and other peoples are being seemingly randomly removed? Who is doing this and why? I've not posted anything particularly offensive but yet I've noticed I've had posts removed, and I've seen other people's whole threads removed. It appears that whoever is 'censoring' this forum is happy to let one lot of people say whatever they like, but when someone else says something to the contrary their whole opinion is removed.
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

jonleeds wrote: I've noticed that quite a lot of posts of my own and other peoples are being seemingly randomly removed? Who is doing this and why? I've not posted anything particularly offensive but yet I've noticed I've had posts removed, and I've seen other people's whole threads removed. It appears that whoever is 'censoring' this forum is happy to let one lot of people say whatever they like, but when someone else says something to the contrary their whole opinion is removed. Hello JonCan you please give some specifics of what and who's posts have been removed.I havent removed any myself recently and only where there is a duplication of a post/ thread.Also if there are "other" people whos messages are being removed then would they let me know.I know that you ahve made accusations in the past with regards Mods and a clique, but i can assure you that there is no vendetta against yourself.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

I'm not aware of any posts being removed Jon, can you provide any examples for us to look into?
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

jim

Post by jim »

It is very easy to remember wrongly on which thread a post has been placed and become paranoid about it. A bit of head scratching or use of the custom search may relocate what you fear might have been deleted.    

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

It's just GCHQ and the NSA <LOL>,ignore them.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Right, well the most recent example I can think of, and the one thats prompted me to make this post was a couple of days ago someone was asking about a family member called 'Bill...' I cant remember what the full name was, and I made some comment about something my dad used to say about some epitaph that went 'Here lies Bill, he never worked, and never will', thats one thats been completely deleted - and not just my post in that particular thread, plus I've noticed other threads vanish - not just mine. I might have made some comments in the past asking who's moderating the forum or jokingly referred to a clique, but I've never used the word 'vendetta'. All I'm saying is its a bit of a funny carry on...
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

jonleeds wrote: Right, well the most recent example I can think of, and the one thats prompted me to make this post was a couple of days ago someone was asking about a family member called 'Bill...' thats one thats been completely deleted - and not just my post in that particular thread, Here's a thread posted only 7 days ago asking about a family member called Bill.http://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messag ... ID=5114The same thread in question?                
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Just to point out (in case you didn't know) that the 'Active Threads' section only contains threads that have been posted on in the last 3 days.After that they drop off this section, but can still be found in the original section they were posted to (Buildings, General Chat, etc).
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

I've checked the audit log for your user account going back to the start of November and I can't see any post or thread that fits your description - I can send you the full details if you wish. None of the moderators are aware of these deletions and archived versions of the site show nothing either. And to be honest we all have better things to do than censor innocuous SL posts. Is it possible you might have got confused about what was posted and where?
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Well thanks for evryones help, I'm sure about which posts I've made recently - the fact that they arent there is whats drawn my attention to it. God knows whats gone on, it must be one of them gremlins that cannot be explained - deux ex machina?