Changing 'User Name'

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
Richard A Thackeray

Post by Richard A Thackeray »

Hi!!Can it be done??I want to use my full name, to mirror my profile on other forums Richard A ThackerayThankyou in advance, for any advice

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hi Rich, unfortunately I don't think this can be done through the forum software, you would have to set up a new user account. I could have a look at the backend database for you and change it manually, but I'm not sure what the knock on effects might be. I'll have a look at the weekend and let you know.
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Richard A Thackeray

OkayThankyou for your reply & 'detective work'

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

That looks to be sorted for you Richard now!
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Though I am slightly disappointed to see the back of your RichT nickname!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Sorry for going a bit off-topic but user names that people have all over the Internet can be very funny and/or interesting. I've also long wondered if there is a Dorothy Dot that uses dot.com as her user name and has a website site address dotcom.com?
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Richard A Thackeray

ThankyouAll 'A-Okay' dsco wrote: Though I am slightly disappointed to see the back of your RichT nickname! Sorry, but trying to get all forums used under that name, a lot already are (barring a couple of Land Rover forums that I used to heavily subscribe to)

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Leodian wrote: Sorry for going a bit off-topic but user names that people have all over the Internet can be very funny and/or interesting. I've also long wondered if there is a Dorothy Dot that uses dot.com as her user name and has a website site address dotcom.com? There's this (awful) guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_DotcomAnd his associated website: http://www.kim.com/

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Leodian wrote: Sorry for going a bit off-topic but user names that people have all over the Internet can be very funny and/or interesting. I've also long wondered if there is a Dorothy Dot that uses dot.com as her user name and has a website site address dotcom.com? Which reminds me, any of the longer term users remember what the . (yes, dot) thread was called?

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

chameleon wrote: Leodian wrote: Sorry for going a bit off-topic but user names that people have all over the Internet can be very funny and/or interesting. I've also long wondered if there is a Dorothy Dot that uses dot.com as her user name and has a website site address dotcom.com? Which reminds me, any of the longer term users remember what the . (yes, dot) thread was called? Welcome back chameleon. The thread was simply titled .Here it is:http://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Mess ... ighLight=1