Social media buttons

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hello all,Hope you're having a good 2014 so far. I've been working on the site over the last couple of days and have just implemented some buttons to allow you to share SecretLeeds threads on popular social media sites. You will find them in the bottom right corner of each message in a thread, including this one. Look, just there, on the right. Down a bit. Next to the 'Top' button that you've really never noticed before. There you go.I am currently trying to work out how to automatically include the message text in your share, but I haven't managed it yet. I'll keep chipping away though!If you have any comments or queries about the new buttons, or you find any bugs or other issues, please drop me an email to ask@tyrell.mobi or post in the thread below.Cheers,dsco        
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Hi the green share button appears to be a little over sensitive. Using chrome it displays a pop up with a mouseover/point hover even remotely close to it
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

I don't have pintrest so can't "round trip" but it may be better if like the facebook and twitter buttons it opens in a new page/tab instead of the same page as the back button is actually back two pages. Facebook and Twitter seem to be OK. Now any chance of RSS? ;-)
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

No buttons here. Using Firefox on Windows 7.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Buttons present and seem to be working fine on Windows 7 and Opera.Cheers!
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

Buttons present and working fine on Ubuntu and Firefox.Thank you.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Dalehelms wrote: Buttons present and working fine on Ubuntu and Firefox.Thank you. Ubuntu?? No wonder you can't post links

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Ignore. Light has dawned.     

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Thanks for the feedback folks, seems to be working OK then.I'll see if there's anything I can do about the behaviour of the different buttons TykeBhoy, but it's a standard sharing plugin thing (called ShareThis) so I suspect that what you see now is pretty much how it'll be. The buttons all work a bit differently because each site has a slightly different way of handling the share request. The alternative of implementing each button from each site independently was looking pretty messy by the time I gave up on it
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Also Tyke, I'd be polite about Linux users round here if I were you...