Problems with registering

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
onenorthernsoul

Post by onenorthernsoul »

Hello! My first post here and definitely not intending to stir it!I've tried earlier this week to register and was waiting for the Activation email which still hasn't arrived, so now I've registered successfully with a new name and different email address. I was that keen to join Secret Leeds forum that I sent off a couple of emails to addresses on here - please disregard them but if I somehow have uncovered an error, then all the better. I did notice that there are two Register headings on at least one page, maybe this explains a problem?Anyway, thanks for having me, finally :-)Robert
We're all bald underneath

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Welcome to Secret Leeds.I'm sure you will find the initial trials and tribulations of setting up your account pale into insignificance once you try posting a photo! Hope you enjoy your stay
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_dvsn wrote: Welcome to Secret Leeds.I'm sure you will find the initial trials and tribulations of setting up your account pale into insignificance once you try posting a photo! Hope you enjoy your stay !     

onenorthernsoul

I'm resisting the temptation of posting photos or even an avatar at the moment haha! Thanks for the welcome, appreciate it. I've been dipping into the site for a while now, ever since trying to find out some info via a thread on here about a stoned 'jumper' from the Queens Hotel and the tragically unfortunate victim he bloody landed on, Mr Hilton.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

onenorthernsoul wrote: I'm resisting the temptation of posting photos or even an avatar at the moment haha! Thanks for the welcome, appreciate it. I've been dipping into the site for a while now, ever since trying to find out some info via a thread on here about a stoned 'jumper' from the Queens Hotel and the tragically unfortunate victim he bloody landed on, Mr Hilton. Did you find the info you were looking for?I remember the incident myself, didn't he land on a car, or land in the area where people and cars go under to get to the station?If I recall correctly that part of the road was (could still be) a rubber type material that deadened the sound of cars passing over it. It was extremely slippery in winter as well
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

onenorthernsoul

Phill_dvsn wrote: onenorthernsoul wrote: I'm resisting the temptation of posting photos or even an avatar at the moment haha! Thanks for the welcome, appreciate it. I've been dipping into the site for a while now, ever since trying to find out some info via a thread on here about a stoned 'jumper' from the Queens Hotel and the tragically unfortunate victim he bloody landed on, Mr Hilton. Did you find the info you were looking for?I remember the incident myself, didn't he land on a car, or land in the area where people and cars go under to get to the station?If I recall correctly that part of the road was (could still be) a rubber type material that deadened the sound of cars passing over it. It was extremely slippery in winter as well The incident definitely happened and yes it was that sectrion of the QH you mention, but it's been very difficult to find anything more. And yes you are right about the rubber surface, I asked at the hotel and they confirmed it, and yours was probably the comment that prompted me to ask. The whole jumper thing is a subject which I'm hoping to feature in a big idea I'm working on and which I'm planning to yatter on about on here an awful lot soon

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Oh gosh! It is in living memory but hard to recall exactly when. Can you remember when it happened? I seem to think it was a good 20 years ago at least! It was in the Y.E.P and everything.    I even think it could have happened mid 1980's, does that ring a bell?

onenorthernsoul

Around 1969/70 apparently, a mate of mine was a paperboy for one of Mr Hilton's son's newsagents. Don't worry about finding solid info on my behalf (I did look hard anyway!) as it was only to feature as a short story and so doesnt need to be 100% accurate.Can someone tell me where I go to add an avatar please? I'm feeling confident

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Here you go.. info regarding the suicide.Mr Hilton who ran the sweet shop in the post office at Dib Lane was driving away from the station late 60's/early 70's when somebody jumped from the Queens hotel and landed on the roof of the car. The jumper survived, but Mr Hilton was killed, the jumper being charged with manslaughter as a result. More info herehttp://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?resourceIde ... SPLAY=FULL    I remember the tale vividly, mum always said about the poor man who had died there when we passed as kids. That kind of thing stays with you I think.

onenorthernsoul

Thanks Phil, I was slightly misled in that I was told Mr Hilton died after an operation to help ease his injuries. horrible story.