Question about Secret Leeds?

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
stevief

Post by stevief »

Hi phill and thanks for that.Unfortunately I'm getting 'Page cannot be found' Are you sure all the dots and dashes are in the right places?

stevief

Post by stevief »

stevief wrote: Hi phill and thanks for that.Unfortunately I'm getting 'Page cannot be found' Are you sure all the dots and dashes are in the right places? Disregard that last message!!

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Funny you said about disregarding that last message, since it's a thread about questions. Can't we have the option to delete a comment we've made on secret Leeds. I know when you post a comment sometimes it seems to take ages to upload so (i know i do) get a bit ratty & bang the 'post comment box' a few times only to find it posts the comment 3 or 4 times. We have to edit it to say something silly like OOPS, SORRY, double post, AGAIN, AGAIN best just to delete it but you can't. We look proper fools! Hope you suss out the image resize thing Stevie!
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

yep i second that phill, sometimes it seems to take forever so you hit the button in frustration and before you know it you have five or six multiple post's there for all to see making me look like a proper techno foolio lol
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Brandy wrote: yep i second that phill, sometimes it seems to take forever so you hit the button in frustration and before you know it you have five or six multiple post's there for all to see making me look like a proper techno foolio lol It's ok we are not alone Brandy! It happens regular! We can tell the impatient folks on here now can't we? GRRRRR!
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Ey up.Good points all round there. I've looked into the deleting messages thing, and it isn't an option on the admin system currently, so I'll find out about getting that added. I could change the setup to allow users to delete any message on the site but that's a bit wide ranging, and there doesn't seem to be a half way house - it's either all or nothing. Will get on with that though...Sorry to hear the site's hanging when you try to upload, I'll look into that too.Stevie - there shouldn't be any size limit on your picture (in the sense of how many pixels wide and tall it is), it should resize automatically, and save one pic for display inline within the thread, with a clickthrough to the full sized image. If this isn't working I may well cry, because it took a long time to get there! Let me know.There is however a 1MB limit on file size, so that we don't strain our servers too much - there are a lot of photos on here already and we've only been going six months. If this is the problem, then it's meant to be that way really - try either Phill's suggestion or any other image editing package to reduce the file size. You don't need to worry about the image dimensions in that case though.Hope this helps.dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

stevief

Post by stevief »

Thanks for the response admin.Everything seems to be working OK this end now!

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

No bother - glad to hear things are working OK now.dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

I've tried to add some picture attachments & i keep getting the is error page saying thisCould not allocate space for object 'Attachment' in database 'cl07_forum' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hi Phil,Think this is the same error we're talking about in the other thread - let me know if it's fixed now anyway.Cheers,dsco