Question about Secret Leeds?

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Yeah just a thought mate! Thanks!!
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hi Phill,IP addresses do get logged, but not in a way that can be connected to your personal profile.We use IP addresses to track statistics, but it is anonymous usage data which doesn't specify who the IP address belongs to - standard stats package type stuff.Anyway, lots of personal users employ floating IPs, or share IPs with rest of a network in an office or college for example. It's not reliable for finding out much more than the approximate geographical area that users come from.In case any of this has whetted your appetite for some stats info...Since launch on 19th February 2007, secretleeds.com has had:58,000 visits24,000 unique visitors514 registered users7181 posts93% of users come from the UKThe 7% of visitors from overseas come primarily from:GermanyAustraliaScandinaviaUSAFranceSpainAll the best,Duncan
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

58,000 visits24,000 unique visitors514 registered users7181 posts93% of users come from the UKThe 7% of visitors from overseas come primarily from:GermanyAustraliaScandinaviaUSAFranceSpainAll the best,Duncansome mighty fine stats there DSCO this train just gets bigger and bigger lol ,and by the way congrats to all you lot behind the scenes we have had a few teething promlems but nothing major plus it just goes to show what a decent lot us leeds folk are' since this site got set up i have spent many a hour reading some of the most excellent threads upon this here t'internet thingymabob keep up the good work.......... ps/ is it just me or do you all think phill d deserves some kind of award for is many many trips down very dark holes? lol :-)
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Cheers Brandy!There have been one or two issues thus far, but we are only six months down the road from launch, so not too bad all round But yeah - very encouraging stats. Good to know that people enjoy the site, and there are some great facts and stories on here. Some of the patter alone is worth saving - all part of t'local culture int'it?!And yes, Phill and a few other notable names all deserve medals. We'll get working on a honorary award for intrepid explorers at some point soon...Sithee,D
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Good to hear from you again DSCO. i was just wondering about knowing where folk are from as i read in the paper when you did the advertising secret Leeds that it was world wide users e.t.c! Great stuff. cheers!
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

roundhegian

Post by roundhegian »

dsco wrote: For anybody else who is wondering about attachments:When you start to write a message, you will find an 'Add attachment' option under the text box. If you tick this, and then post your message, a page will open where you can attach a file. Why not post this under " Help " before all the unintelligible gibberish which I at least cannot understand .
roundhegian

carrotol

Post by carrotol »

roundhegian wrote: dsco wrote: For anybody else who is wondering about attachments:When you start to write a message, you will find an 'Add attachment' option under the text box. If you tick this, and then post your message, a page will open where you can attach a file. Why not post this under " Help " before all the unintelligible gibberish which I at least cannot understand . I agree. It should be called Un-help

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

OK, I'll look into that.Take your point about the Help file, but that's the info that comes with this system. Will try and edit it though and make it a bit more 'helpful'!Cheers,dsco

stevief

Post by stevief »

I tried to post a photo last night and was told it was the wrong size.I'm still a bit of a PC novice but is there anything I can do?

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Just download this image resizer. It's microsoft with no hiden catches. It takes a few seconds to download. If you right click on the picture you want to resize it will give you the option to size them large,medium or small with a custom size for anything you want. It's easy to use! ImageResizer.exe521 KB 2 min @ 28.8 Kbpsherehttp://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/p ... rtoys.mspx