Trouble Posting?

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

blackprince wrote: chameleon wrote: Message from admin - still searching -the more problems reported here the better please!! Just the original problem - unable to post a message with a picture attached, which has lasted a week now.Interested in the discussion above about another way of embedding graphics in a message. Is there a tutorial on this somewhere? If the picture is elsewher you can post a link, eg flickr, photobucket, etc., otherwise read this:http://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Help.aspx

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Blessed thing tells me it's full then promptly displays every attempt to post when refreshed!

Si

Post by Si »

Still can't post pics, Steve. Any news?

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Si wrote: Still can't post pics, Steve. Any news? we 'await' developments this week. I've passed on all the info. Slow isn't it.

Si

Post by Si »

chameleon wrote: Si wrote: Still can't post pics, Steve. Any news? we 'await' developments this week. I've passed on all the info. Slow isn't it. It seems to be working again.Eg:Errr... maybe not. I just posted a picture on the Cider Annie thread successfully, but now, seconds later, it's not working again...     

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

I think liitts managed an attachment on one thread but not another. So it looks to be only afflicting certain threads. Or alternatively is working very briefly very intermittently
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

tyke bhoy wrote: I think liitts managed an attachment on one thread but not another. So it looks to be only afflicting certain threads. Or alternatively is working very briefly very intermittently Tried and got an error message, then tried again and it posted. Odd.
Industria Omnia Vincit

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Trojan wrote: tyke bhoy wrote: I think liitts managed an attachment on one thread but not another. So it looks to be only afflicting certain threads. Or alternatively is working very briefly very intermittently Tried and got an error message, then tried again and it posted. Odd. Email from dsco:The techies are trying to isolate the bugs, along with there other duties of course but, it does look asthough the task is not straight forward.Admin are also still trying to acquire funding for the much needed upgrade but as with all things at the moment, it will take while.I think the essence is sorry, please bear with us and maintain the optimism for improvements in the future

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

update: more info from our techies, not much but they are chipping away at it:"Still getting the same errors. They are going through the server files, clearing out some rubbish and trying to clear the errors."Further updates to follow...and more importantly.....You (and all other SLers) can be absolutely assured that there is no threat to the future of SL, as long as people continue to use and enjoy it. Even if I have to rebuild and host it my bloody self!

Bert

Post by Bert »

Hi Chameleon.I've just had repeated attempts to attach a pic to my latest post on the chippie thread fail. Wierdly, it even refuses to let me edit the post to add a leodis url link for it instead, although it lets me edit it in other ways.