Broadband probs

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
dogduke

Post by dogduke »

Recently swtiched from BT phone to Talk Talk.Broadband was and still is provided byO2 and has been veryunreliable sincechangeover.Does any body know ofany compatibility problems.Broadband seems to work more consistantly with IE than Firefox.Talk Talk although cheaper are very difficult to contact.Seems like another Indian call centre,personally I can'hackthe foreign accents,and after 10 days I'am well fed up.Calling line identity and 1571 are still not working.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

dogduke wrote: Recently swtiched from BT phone to Talk Talk.Broadband was and still is provided byO2 and has been veryunreliable sincechangeover.Does any body know ofany compatibility problems.Broadband seems to work more consistantly with IE than Firefox.Talk Talk although cheaper are very difficult to contact.Seems like another Indian call centre,personally I can'hackthe foreign accents,and after 10 days I'am well fed up.Calling line identity and 1571 are still not working. I'm with Virgin, the Broadband coverage has been 100% spot on since i've had it, but that's the only good thing they've done, i think there the most complained about service provider out there.I also have the same problem with the call centres as you.I either get the Indian call centre were neither party can understand the other one, or i sometimes get VERY broad Scottish accent ladies. I can't understand them either lol.    
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

@ dogdukeregister on this forum, post your query in the appropriate section.http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

Brunel wrote: @ dogdukeregister on this forum, post your query in the appropriate section.http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/ Looks very handy but with having just changed I ca't find an account number,just an order number.You need to match the account number and phone number to register.Thanks - I feel sure that I and many others will find the link useful
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

kango

Post by kango »

dogduke wrote: Recently swtiched from BT phone to Talk Talk.Broadband was and still is provided byO2 and has been veryunreliable sincechangeover.Does any body know ofany compatibility problems.Broadband seems to work more consistantly with IE than Firefox.Talk Talk although cheaper are very difficult to contact.Seems like another Indian call centre,personally I can'hackthe foreign accents,and after 10 days I'am well fed up.Calling line identity and 1571 are still not working. My Brothers with TalkTalk and to e-mail Him I have to use Outlook Express as Mozilla thunderbird mails don't get through, they go to My e-mail server but no further. Maybe something about Firefox and Thunderbird that TalkTalk servers don't like? No problem with anybody else only those on TalkTalk.

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

Brunel wrote: Also register here:http://www.thinkbroadband.com/register.htmlAnd ask your TalkTalk questions here:http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/talktalk.html Will do when I can stay connected long enough-Thanks

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Phill_dvsn wrote: dogduke wrote: Recently swtiched from BT phone to Talk Talk.Broadband was and still is provided byO2 and has been veryunreliable sincechangeover.Does any body know ofany compatibility problems.Broadband seems to work more consistantly with IE than Firefox.Talk Talk although cheaper are very difficult to contact.Seems like another Indian call centre,personally I can'hackthe foreign accents,and after 10 days I'am well fed up.Calling line identity and 1571 are still not working. I'm with Virgin, the Broadband coverage has been 100% spot on since i've had it, but that's the only good thing they've done, i think there the most complained about service provider out there.I also have the same problem with the call centres as you.I either get the Indian call centre were neither party can understand the other one, or i sometimes get VERY broad Scottish accent ladies. I can't understand them either lol.     Yep Im with Virgin and i cannot sing there praises highly enough!Apart from the usual slightly slowing down at peak times my connection as been spot on.I did however once have the misfortune of having to ring there customer service line regarding my phone and i had to give up after 5 minutes,i couldn't understand a word he was saying to me
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.