More Technical problems

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_dvsn wrote: Brandy wrote: No problems here today with both FF3 and IE7 although i was getting a few errors yesterday.Oh and i forgot to add you still cannot post pics via FF3. Whatever happened to your wise crack thread titles during the last Goblin attack on S.L Brandy. One in particular still makes me laugh Probably skinned-alive for fore-ward thinking

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

chameleon wrote: Phill_dvsn wrote: Brandy wrote: No problems here today with both FF3 and IE7 although i was getting a few errors yesterday.Oh and i forgot to add you still cannot post pics via FF3. Whatever happened to your wise crack thread titles during the last Goblin attack on S.L Brandy. One in particular still makes me laugh Probably skinned-alive for fore-ward thinking That's the one
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Phill_dvsn wrote: chameleon wrote: Phill_dvsn wrote: Brandy wrote: No problems here today with both FF3 and IE7 although i was getting a few errors yesterday.Oh and i forgot to add you still cannot post pics via FF3. Whatever happened to your wise crack thread titles during the last Goblin attack on S.L Brandy. One in particular still makes me laugh Probably skinned-alive for fore-ward thinking That's the one LOL i couldnt resist it philWhat have you been up to lately mate?? tha's bin a bit quiet lolI sense a LHES special a brewing
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hmm, not quite sure what you mean TykeBhoy - can't seem to replicate your error.When you say 'link to the last post in a thread' what do you mean exactly? The last post is just there on the last page of the thread - there isn't a link to it as such. Also, if there's a problem with it, how is everyone managing to post in this thread? Think I'm going to need more info... (including the browser and operating system you're using please).Cheers,dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

As for Brandy's wisecrack titles, I could happily have done without them thanks!dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

I am definitely having the problem with IE6 on XP. I will have to check tonight but I am pretty certain that the problem also exists for me with Firefox (not sure of version as it regularly self updates) again on XP.As for the link to the last post. On the Active Threads page, and some others there is a column for last post in each thread. It lists the poster and date and time of the post. The date and time was a hyperlink directly to that last post in the thread (now it throws the error page). This may need a scroll up to find the last post you haven't read but is usually quicker for a regular visitor like me than clicking on the page link and scrolling down.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

The last post link seems to be an IE6 only problem. I tested last night on Firefox and IE8 Beta and both worked. I will have to suffer in silence as my weekday 9 - 5 access will be IE6 for the foreseeable future
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Nice one Tyke, that's very helpful. You know I'd never realised you could do that last post thing, it's rather handy.However - I'm using IE6 on XP too and I can't replicate the error, just takes me to the last post on the thread as intended. I'll ask the techies to take a look, but unless I can show them the problem it could be tricky.Speak soon,dsco

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

dsco wrote: Nice one Tyke, that's very helpful. You know I'd never realised you could do that last post thing, it's rather handy.However - I'm using IE6 on XP too and I can't replicate the error, just takes me to the last post on the thread as intended. I'll ask the techies to take a look, but unless I can show them the problem it could be tricky.Speak soon,dsco It's a fairly recent discovery on my part too and I'm missing it .I wonder if it could be a permissions thing that allow you to do it on IE6 and XP as your site permissions are presumably far superior to mine. It certainly isn't just on one PC for me. Another thought is slight version difference as we certainly are not on auto update. 6.0.2900.5512.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236 is the version of IE today

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Nah, I can do it as an Anonymous user too, so it's nowt to do with permissions. I'll look into it though, see if the guys can find out anything.Cheers,dsco