Responsible & Involved members

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
warringtonrhino

Re: Responsible & Involved members

Post by warringtonrhino »

mhoulden wrote:You rang? I've removed the spam posts and banned the users who posted them. I've done admin stuff on a couple of other forums so I'd be happy to step up from moderator to full admin on this one. I might also have found a fix for the colon issue (seems to be something to do with language packs). I follow a few local history groups on Facebook but I'm not going to get involved with the internal politics of all that.
Sir, you are a star!

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Thanks for clearing up those posts Marcus.

For my part I've updated the security question posed to new members, I guess the previous ones had been cracked. That should help matters at least for a bit.

The colon/ellipsis problem is indeed related to the language pack Marcus, but I have reinstalled a number of times and it didn't flush the problem. If you want dive in feel free, drop me an email duncan@tyrell.digital.
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

mark1978

Post by mark1978 »

Huge thanks are of course due to Duncan, without whom we wouldn't be there in the first place, and those like mhoulden for keeping things up and running.

The colon thing would be nice to have fixed but it's more of a niggle than a real issue. The more unfortunate thing for me is that a lot of the images people uploaded pre-rebuild now seem to be corrupt. Is there any hope of fixing these?

harrym1byt

Post by harrym1byt »

Any forum such as this will have a membership number several fold the number who are active and even bother to drop in at all. As a fairly recent member I have posted a few times, when ever I have had something to add. I do though absolutely love reading some of the interesting contributions on local history and things I had long forgotten about. Long may it continue and my thanks to the site's owner.