Secret Leeds site quiet?

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
tilly

Re: Secret Leeds site quiet?

Post by tilly »

Hi black prince the Secret Leeds flicker site is in conjunction with the other Secret Leeds not ours.There is the main flicker site i use, it is free to join you can create your own site on there the first two hundred photographs you post are free, after that it is i think about twelve pounds a year. It enables you to join many other sites and post your photographs on there site after you join i am a member of about twenty sites i think five are appertaining to Leeds if you would like to see my photographs Google flickr and put in Sid Buckley in the search box i hope i have made it clear.Sid.Just to add over one thousand five hundred viewed my site to day. :D
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

blackprince

Post by blackprince »

Thanks for the explanation Tilly. I'll take a look.
John ( aka BP)
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi John glad you could see what i was trying to explain. It is worth starting your own site on there your photographs go all around the world depending on what sites you join.My camera is a Nikon so a lot of the sites i go on appertain to this. Sid aka Tilly.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

The Site may be quiet apart from all this Rusian (?) Spam that seems to be around quite a lot.
What i don't understand is to get on here i had to become a member and then i have to log in periodically so how is they have managed it and continue to do so on all subjects in spite of having their efforts removed earlier.

mhoulden

Post by mhoulden »

They register, then lie low a bit before they use some software to post loads of junk. I'll have to see if I can get dsco to bump me up to full admin because at the moment I have to delete posts one by one, which can be tedious.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

[quote="mhoulden"]They register, then lie low a bit before they use some software to post loads of junk. I'll have to see if I can get dsco to bump me up to full admin because at the moment I have to delete posts one by one, which can be tedious.

Thanks for a prompt answer,
Regards Jack Daly.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Many thanks with your work on site i for one and i am sure many more appreciate what you do for us i cant see any reason why you should not be full admin it takes some of the workload off dsco.All the best Sid.

tilly

Post by tilly »

) Hi mhoulden Many thanks with your work on site i for one and i am sure many more appreciate what you do for us i cant see any reason why you should not be full admin it takes some of the workload off dsco.All the best Sid :D

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

mhoulden wrote:They register, then lie low a bit before they use some software to post loads of junk. I'll have to see if I can get dsco to bump me up to full admin because at the moment I have to delete posts one by one, which can be tedious.
Have there been more? I deleted 29 posts from the one user yesterday. I obviously banned the user first to make sure the 29 was all I had to remove!

Ansered my own question another 20+ in the log of deletions.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

blackprince

Post by blackprince »

I have a couple of questions about the recent spate of Russian spam on this site
1. The message I opened seemed to be a huge screed written entirely in Cyrillic with some "Ipsum Lorem etc" mixed in.
As this is entirely incomprehensible to a Uk audience ( except maybe GCHQ) what possible benefit do the spammers hope to gain from it?
2. Are these people just nihilists? At least the old "Nigerian Prince" scam letters were slightly amusing.
3. Are these spam messages dangerous to open, Do they contain links to Malware ,
Trojans, Ransomware etc ?
4. Wouldn't it be simple to filter at source any post containing Cyrillic characters ( + Arabic & Chinese etc while you are about it)?
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!