Secret Leeds site quiet?

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
jonleeds

Re: Secret Leeds site quiet?

Post by jonleeds »

So it would seem many people miss the search facility that seems to be a function that manmy people take for granted on most forums. I havent been able to find any Secret Leeds 2 website, it appears I am blocked from the Secret Leeds so called public group on Facebook, but I believe thats only accessible if you're part of the Phil Davison Plagiarists Fanclub / Clique!!
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

mark1978

Post by mark1978 »

I don't think there's a Secret Leeds 2 website - just a Facebook group. Personally I'm happy using both. There are some discussions / topics that work better on one or the other. Maybe it dilutes things a bit sometimes but Facebook is so widely used it feels right to have a presence there.

It seems a shame that some kind of rift seems to have developed between the two sides. I don't know the background of what happened, but I used to enjoy Phill's contributions to this forum. It'd be good to have him back

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

I think the problem was sheer arrogance on some folks part...
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

I fancy the plagiarist will end up buried in the bloody gildersome tunnel.

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

PRO
phill.d
The Facebook Secret Leeds 2 Group - The best Secret Leeds group on the internet!

There are many interesting facts, trivia, history and secrets about Leeds in the group. Long lost tunnels, rivers under the City, old streets and subways, and what were Madness doing in Leeds in 1979?

*Please feel free to join us here

**While others only talk about these secret places, we show you them. Forget the pale imitations and join the best**

mark1978

Post by mark1978 »

mark1978 wrote:I don't know the background of what happened
And I don't recall asking either ;)

mark1978

Post by mark1978 »

Seriously though - irrespective of the rights and wrongs, whatever went off must have been years ago now, and you're still griping on about it. If you want an illustration of one of the main reasons people walk away from sites like this, look no further!

tilly

Post by tilly »

Saying we are griping about it is going a bit far, since when has anyone said a thing about said person on this site for months.Its only because the subject reared its ugly head that it is now in discussion The people who wanted to walk did so at the time so you are wrong saying this is the reason people walk from this site.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

jim

Post by jim »

As the behaviour on this site of the person in question was (repeatedly) absolutely unpardonable and his barring was the only possible outcome, and as he has made numerous attempts to decry and destabilise the site at the time and since, I can see no possibility of his return. For my part, it would be me that "walked" should he reappear, and I suspect many members feel the same way. Until now I (and others) have regarded the subject as closed I will now return to silence on the topic, and hope it is not brought up again.

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

There is also a "Secret Leeds" on Flickr, open to all to browse: https://flic.kr/g/a1XED

or go direct to the pics: https://www.flickr.com/groups/secretleeds/pool/

Historical Leeds: https://flic.kr/g/r6k71

LEEDS heritage at risk: https://flic.kr/g/dLuUD

Many more if you search.