Unacceptable posts

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

With regret, I have just had to ban the first user from SecretLeeds.com for use of foul language and their insulting and provocative behaviour. I had warned this individual previously, but just to make the rules clear to all, the following behaviour is not acceptable on SecretLeeds.com:Off-topic discussionsThreads will naturally wander off-topic from time to time, which is fine, but a number of threads have veered so far from the original topic as to make the thread pointless and dull. Thus, two general points to make: i) If you repeatedly post off topic messages in threads expect them to be deleted. The SL team will now be watching this more closely as requested, and we will not move threads or posts, we will delete them entirely and without warning. ii) However, as I have said before online, one of the unexpected pleasures of the site has been amassing lots of Leeds dialect and patter. The site is as much about local culture, folklore and myths as it is about tunnels and secret buildings, and the rhythms and patterns of language are an important and interesting part of that (yes, even Arry Awk's awful wordplay - get thee to a punnery lad). Nevertheless, rambling discussions of old teachers and boy/girlfriends of yore can be very frustrating when trying to research Burmantofts tiles, or whatever it may be. If you want to have a discussion about these things feel free, but the General Chat area is the place to do it and please start a new thread where appropriate. Insults We should all bear in mind that online discussions can be easily misinterpreted - without any tone of voice or body language to mediate comments it can be difficult to spot humour, irony and more subtle meanings, and it's easy to take things out of context or blow them out of proportion. However there have been some very negative posts on the site recently, which I have now removed. If users persist in being unpleasant to one another in the future, we will be forced to ban all those involved.Language Unfortunately some users seem to think that rude and offensive language is acceptable on this site - that is most definitely not the case. These individuals should also note that the use of asterisks to block out letters in swear words is equally unacceptable, and these will be banned too. This is a site for people of all ages, colours, creeds and persuasions, and we will take a hard line on these matters to ensure that it is a safe friendly online environment for all of those with a genuine interest in the city of Leeds.The Secret Leeds team has taken a fairly hands-off approach with the site until recently, but we will now be actively moderating posts on a regular basis. If you have any cause for complaint about anything on site, please email info@secretleeds.com and we will sort it out as soon as possible.That is all.dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

munki

Post by munki »

That, indeed, is all.
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.