Am I being really dim?

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
baldoldfatbloke

Am I being really dim?

Post by baldoldfatbloke »

I possibly may be being dim, but I've been looking for a "search" facility but can't find one!The FAQ's makes mention of one so can someone please point it out? Thanks.

grumpytramp

Re: Am I being really dim?

Post by grumpytramp »

No your faculties are OK ......... I can't find one either!

It most instances though if you use google and include secretleeds in the search, you will probably find the goods!

baldoldfatbloke

Post by baldoldfatbloke »

Well that's a relief! I thought it was just me!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I recently contacted Duncan about the missing search facility and also photos that are 'missing' since the work was done on the site. Duncan kindly replied to me and in his reply he stated "As you'll have noticed we broke the site quite comprehensively trying to do a security update a month or so back and unfortunately still haven't quite resolved it! However the images are still there, they're just in the wrong location to be found at the moment - I'll try and resolve that soon. The search function as you rightly point out has also gone AWOL, again I'll look into that and try to resolve asap...sorry it's taken so long to fix this stuff been very busy with other work lately".
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

j.c.d.

Post by j.c.d. »

As a relatively newcomer to the site, enjoying it immensely, I wonder why Items posted are not on view longer ? example Blakey kindly answered a question for me about a disused pub and posted a photo about 11pm. Tues night. by lunchtime today it was no longer on view and if I had not been expecting it I would have missed it. Just maybe if the list of postings was time extended to say, 24 hours, it would let more folks see it and maybe also reply.
Or am I as the Title says ?.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

j.c.d. wrote:As a relatively newcomer to the site, enjoying it immensely, I wonder why Items posted are not on view longer ? example Blakey kindly answered a question for me about a disused pub and posted a photo about 11pm. Tues night. by lunchtime today it was no longer on view and if I had not been expecting it I would have missed it. Just maybe if the list of postings was time extended to say, 24 hours, it would let more folks see it and maybe also reply.
Just go to number 2 etc jcd http://s10-preview.awardspace.net/secretleeds.com/
Secret Leeds.png
Secret Leeds.png (5.34 KiB) Viewed 12324 times

warringtonrhino

Post by warringtonrhino »

j.c.d. wrote:As a relatively newcomer to the site, enjoying it immensely, I wonder why Items posted are not on view longer ? example Blakey kindly answered a question for me about a disused pub and posted a photo about 11pm. Tues night. by lunchtime today it was no longer on view and if I had not been expecting it I would have missed it. Just maybe if the list of postings was time extended to say, 24 hours, it would let more folks see it and maybe also reply.
have you tried this
click on the top '2' it will open the second page of the 'recent topics'
then click the '2' on the 'Boars Head Pudsey' topic.
It is the last posting on that page.
When the Secret Leeds is busy with lots of posts, recent post soon get moved from the first page.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (130.25 KiB) Viewed 12321 times

j.c.d.

Post by j.c.d. »

Thanks for your reply Mate, will try that and thanks for taking the trouble. Regards Jack Daly

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

I'll take advantage of WarringtonRhino's excellent screenshot to point out a few more features
  1. If the "balloons" to the left of the topic title. in the recent topic list are vibrant green and reddy brown, as they are next to the Buildings and Structures forum in the screenshot, as opposed to the grey and pastel green this means there have been posts on this thread since you last read it
  • If there are unread posts in the thread then there should also be a small orangey red arrow between the balloons and the topic title. Clicking on that arrow will take you to the first post that has been added since you last visited the thread
  • While, as Rhino points out, the numbers next to the topic will link to the relevant page, if you click on the arrow next to the name of the person who made the post (last post column) that will take you directly to the last post in that thread. There maybe other unread ones before it though
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

j.c.d.

Post by j.c.d. »

Ta. That's the nice thing I find about this site, ask a question and you get a sensible answer unlike some other sites Thank You.