New Site Wishlist

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
dsco
Site Admin

Re: New Site Wishlist

Post by dsco »

Ah OK I get you - yes possibly then, I'll look into it.
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

dsco wrote:Any thoughts on how many threads should be displayed? I don't want to take up the entire front page of the site with it but I do take your point - and yes it is easily achievable!
Hi dsco :).

I had thought of 10 but I see that you have set it at 15 which seems like about the right number.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Loiner in Cyprus

Post by Loiner in Cyprus »

I like 15

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

I'm now an Happy Chappy :D
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Yep, fifteen is good.

Just a minor thing - I too would prefer the option to change the colour scheme but no biggie.

chemimike

Post by chemimike »

That;s much better now. No chance of missing anything

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

15 is just right Duncan
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Geordie-exile wrote:Yep, fifteen is good.

Just a minor thing - I too would prefer the option to change the colour scheme but no biggie.
The option to select your own theme is built-in to the new forum software, but I need to upload the other themes and make adjustments to them all so that they do the same stuff as the basic theme (mostly handling the embedded maps function, which I must get round to explaining to everyone as well!)

Keep reminding me if I don't get round to it relatively soon...
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

jim

Post by jim »

Is there a way of stopping the Home Page "dropping" about three and a half topic heads about ten seconds after reaching it? It's rather annoying.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

jim wrote:Is there a way of stopping the Home Page "dropping" about three and a half topic heads about ten seconds after reaching it? It's rather annoying.
Isn't it? :)

Potentially yes, but I need to figure out how first! The problem is that the images take a while to load and once they do it pushes the rest of the page down. Unfortunately it's either that or we have a blank space whilst they load.The problem is compounded by the fact that we're now supporting various different screen sizes, which makes everything more complicated. It's on my list anyway - keep reminding me if you don't see any progress on it though.