SecretLeeds Needs You!

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hello folks, you'll be pleased to hear I've finally finished the new site build Now I just need to organise a few things before we copy the database over and switch to the new site.I'd like to enlist the help of the SL community on a few bits and bobs so we can get moving on it all. I'm struggling to do it all myself so hoped some folk might be willing to lend a hand!Testing the site - I could do with people to have a nosey round the new site in its current demo state and let me know of any issues or possible improvements. Please contact me at duncan@tyrell.mobi to get the test site address and your new account password. Anyone that was involved in the last round of testing, the address is the same as before, as is your password - please have another look and send me any feedback.Launch party - I think we should have a party to celebrate the launch of the new site. Also we didn't have a birthday party this year, so we're overdue a meetup anyway. I am super busy at the moment though, so I think it would be best if we set up some sort of organising committee - otherwise it'll take months for me to sort out If you like organising events and fancy lending a hand, please get in touch on duncan@tyrell.mobi, or post a comment below.Wiki - the new site has a wiki section (like a mini-Wikipedia for SecretLeeds subjects) which I'd like to populate with some sample pages before we relaunch. Basically we need examples of best practice so we can get the ball rolling as soon as the new site is up. If you fancy setting up and curating a wiki page about one of the more popular threads on SL, please get in touch via duncan@tyrell.mobi or reply below. You don't need to be an expert in the subject, as it will mostly be a case of organising existing content from discussion threads into a more accessible and searchable format. I'll also give you some training on writing wiki pages - it's dead simple but a bit different from anything I've done before at least. Anyone out there with experience of using wiki markup language would be especially helpful! Press activity - I'd like to generate some press activity around the relaunch, if anyone has any useful contacts in local media, forums, websites, or other relevant organisations please contact me at duncan@tyrell.mobi. If there are any PR types lurking about, your help would be particularly appreciated (it's a black art to me).If you have any queries, comments or suggestions please post them below!    
Attachments
sl_needs_you.jpg
sl_needs_you.jpg (44.58 KiB) Viewed 9590 times
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Croggy1
Site Admin

Post by Croggy1 »

I'll have a look around when I get the chance, I'm a bit busy today ...

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Nice one Croggy thank you. If anybody else fancies lending a hand please do get in touch! duncan@tyrell.mobi, cheers
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

TABBYCAT

Post by TABBYCAT »

E-mail requesting password sent yesterday Duncan, did you not get it? Just re-read my e-mail, whoops sorry I just said I would give site the once over didn't actually ask for password so please send password Duncan.

loinerchris

Post by loinerchris »

I'm up for helping with organising a get together if this is any help to you??

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hey Tabby, sorry only just spotted this, I'll email you the password in a sec.Chris yes that would be great, I'll be in touch later on.Cheers

MrTempleDene

Post by MrTempleDene »

Yep, I'll happily help, I'll email you now.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Email sent MrTempleDene, thanks for your support!

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Count me in too
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Nice one cheers Tyke, I'll email you now!