Royds Lane Shop

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
Jojo45

Post by Jojo45 »

I lived on the Kirkdales on Lower Wortley Ring Road and when I was a little girl in the 70s I have memories of walking down the ring road towards where Makro is now to a small corner shop that was at the bottom of Royds Lane, where the roundabout is now. Does anyone else remember it?

scrabblerz

Post by scrabblerz »

That shop was Darmons I believe he was a milkman around that area , I used to go get the morning sandwiches there you walked through the shop to their living room where Bacon , Egg , Sausage sandwiches used to be fried plus of course lovely Tomato Dips . I think you will find a picture on Leodis with his Morris Van parked outside

Jojo45

Post by Jojo45 »

I seemed to remember thinking it was called Diamonds so that would fit with Darmons!! Thanks for the info. I was beginning to think I had dreamt it! I remember the shop been through the shop My dad used to take me down for blocks of ice cream on Sunday afternoons that we took home wrapped up in paper!

scrabblerz

Post by scrabblerz »

If you go to Leodis and do an advanced search on Royds + Lane there is a picture of this shop plus the one on opposite corner and Fish Shop and Off Licence further down towards Farnley Sheds , plus other pictures around area .

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

Cardiarms wrote: http://www.leodis.org/display.aspx?reso ... Y=FULLThis one? There was a shop in Armely Rd , between Gloucester Terr. and the bridge over the railway ,it was owned by a family called Diamond! I wonder if they were related?
ex-Armley lad