Because it wastes bandwith and clutters the site.???

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

dsco wrote: Given that I'd removed a bunch of posts which meant that it didn't make a great deal of sense (and pulled PhillD up for being so grumpy!) I'd Just like to point out yet again. That was the reason I felt the need to clear my name for the record in the first place Duncan! To some it may appear ''grumpy'' but I'd rather appear grumpy than some irresponsible idiot blamed for killing off a website. Quite how things can go down hill from a spam post not being dealt with is beyond comprehension. The moderation, or complete lack of moderation on this site is the true factor to blame. The lack of moderation on this site was caused by posts exactly like this one started here. The good moderators simply packed the job in and vanished, the few remaining ones dare not do anything for being accused of favouritism and cliques. They get shouted down, quizzed, questioned, and grilled for their moderating actions in public. I don't mind taking the blame for things that I am guilty of, but lets get things into perspective and look at the real cause of it all first. I've so far restrained from saying anything at all on this thread, but I do have plenty to say. The difference with me is I'd rather not discuss it on a public forum!!****************************************Hindsight is a wonderful thing indeed. I'll leave it at that for now.    As stated many, many times before, my e-mail address is on my profile to save ruining a website any further.                                            
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Just like to state something hereIt is not possible for Mods to be consatantly on this site monitoring what appears,i visit once a day,sometime s more,but usually once.This is because i work shifts,thats any time around the clock.My place of work is not in an office,i dont work 9 to 5 and when i am not at work im with my young un.Now if it so happens that something kicks off or something appears on the site that is not appropriate and i am on the site then i will deal with it.I am not,and neither are any of the other MODs,in a postition to constantly monitor the site,we DO have a life after all.It seems that we cant do right for doing wrong.We are accused of doing nothing and we are accused of extreme censorship.I am yet again finding that my time on the site is being dedicated to defending myself and other Mods.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

cnosni wrote: It is not possible for Mods to be consatantly on this site monitoring what appears,i visit once a day,sometime s more,but usually once. Your my mate.. Don't start Mr Grumpy My post wasn't about that Chris, you know it's about the good mods leaving, and we are left with only a few, and out of those few only a few will dare do anything when they are online     
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Like cnosni I am no longer sure whether we were supposed to do more moderating or less now! The spam thread was deleted within 24 hours and I removed references to material that I considered unhelpful for the long term viability of the site. When asked to close a thread by several members I did so within a day or so, and have since been called to task for that too. Can't win either way it seems... but that's nothing new eh? This seems like a great opportunity to open applications for new site moderators, anyone who is interested in taking on this rewarding and highly popular role PLEASE get in touch: ask@tyrell.mobi :-)
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

I knew I'd not end up getting a freebie!

PC - Dublin

Post by PC - Dublin »

I think the the Admins / Mods do a great job here and I for one really appreciate their work.Well done.PC

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

PC - Dublin wrote: I think the the Admins / Mods do a great job here and I for one really appreciate their work.Well done.PC Me too. I've participated on a lot of forums and I notice that the moderators can't win -- they either get pulled up for "letting things get out of hand" or for "being too strict".I've tended to find the moderation on here good. I also feel if I did take issues with something all I'd have to do is contact the moderator for clarification. People will always disagree and those who have to uphold the rules will always do something, no matter how minor, you don't like (not that I can think of anything here) -- such is life but it's not the end of the world.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

PC - Dublin wrote: I think the the Admins / Mods do a great job here and I for one really appreciate their work.Well done.PC Agreed, firm but fair.Incidentally I don't understand this thread. Not sure I'd want to