Request FAO site designer

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
polo

Post by polo »

Hi there if possible id would very much like to request a .jpg of the background used on here (the map that is) i really want to use it for my wallpaper as i can never see the middle of it when the site loads.Or could someone please inform me of where to obtain it.I hope this isnt too cheeky.thanks in advance polo

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

I hope I don't speak out of turn by saying that if you right-click the background in your browser you should get an option to view the background image or save it (I've only tried it in Firefox which lets you view it).I suspect that as long as you only use this for your own interest and don't publish it elsewhere that the owners of this image won't mind you having a copy.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Thanks for that tip BarFly as I never realised that could be done. It works fine on Firefox but seems not to work on Internet Explorer 10 that I also use. The image can also be saved.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

polo

Post by polo »

Yeah it only saves the whole webpage as a whole that was my first obvious attempt at it. Rest assured it will be go nowhere else than my desktop.

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

You would need to "view background image" then save it when it opens on its own.I don't have Internet Explorer handy but I think you should be able to right-click on the background image and select something like "view in new window" or "open image".I'll have a look at work tomorrow if nobody comes along in the mean time to work it out.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Or try rightcliclicking just below     
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Yes - what they said It's a 1922 map of Leeds, can't actually remember where I got it from now. I do have the original (it was black and white before I recoloured it) if you want that though, send your email address to ask@tyrell.mobi and I'll send it to you if you like.
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

polo

Post by polo »

It worked yay. thankyou very much. I ow have a new desktop :-)