Request FAO site designer

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
polo
PostsCOLON 302
JoinedCOLON Mon 20 Feb, 2012 11:32 am

Postby polo » Wed 02 Oct, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi there if possible id would very much like to request a .jpg of the background used on here (the map that is) i really want to use it for my wallpaper as i can never see the middle of it when the site loads.
Or could someone please inform me of where to obtain it.
I hope this isnt too cheeky.
thanks in advance polo
BarFly
PostsCOLON 524
JoinedCOLON Sun 06 Nov, 2011 3:39 pm
LocationCOLON In t' pub in Leeds (see picture).

Postby BarFly » Wed 02 Oct, 2013 10:30 pm

I hope I don't speak out of turn by saying that if you right-click the background in your browser you should get an option to view the background image or save it (I've only tried it in Firefox which lets you view it).
I suspect that as long as you only use this for your own interest and don't publish it elsewhere that the owners of this image won't mind you having a copy.
Leodian
PostsCOLON 5819
JoinedCOLON Thu 10 Jun, 2010 8:03 am

Postby Leodian » Wed 02 Oct, 2013 10:39 pm

Thanks for that tip BarFly as I never realised that could be done. It works fine on Firefox but seems not to work on Internet Explorer 10 that I also use. The image can also be saved. Regular Smiley
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.
polo
PostsCOLON 302

Postby polo » Wed 02 Oct, 2013 10:59 pm

Yeah it only saves the whole webpage as a whole that was my first obvious attempt at it. Rest assured it will be go nowhere else than my desktop.

BarFly
PostsCOLON 524
JoinedCOLON Sun 06 Nov, 2011 3:39 pm
LocationCOLON In t' pub in Leeds (see picture).

Postby BarFly » Wed 02 Oct, 2013 11:55 pm

You would need to "view background image" then save it when it opens on its own.
I don't have Internet Explorer handy but I think you should be able to right-click on the background image and select something like "view in new window" or "open image".
I'll have a look at work tomorrow if nobody comes along in the mean time to work it out.
tyke bhoy
PostsCOLON 2108
JoinedCOLON Wed 21 Feb, 2007 4:48 am
LocationCOLON Leeds/Wakefield
CONTACTCOLON

Postby tyke bhoy » Thu 03 Oct, 2013 11:29 am

Or try rightcliclicking just below

living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthouse

http://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/
dsco
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 872
JoinedCOLON Fri 26 Jan, 2007 8:21 am

Postby dsco » Fri 04 Oct, 2013 2:44 pm

Yes - what they said Regular Smiley It's a 1922 map of Leeds, can't actually remember where I got it from now. I do have the original (it was black and white before I recoloured it) if you want that though, send your email address to ask@tyrell.mobi and I'll send it to you if you like.
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.
polo
PostsCOLON 302

Postby polo » Sat 05 Oct, 2013 4:32 am

It worked yay. thankyou very much. I ow have a new desktop :-)

Return to