Have Your Say

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
JanCee

Post by JanCee »

Is that separate section really necessary? There are quite a few interesting posts in there that have probably been missed. It doesn't take two minutes to register.

rikj

Post by rikj »

Good point JanCee. It's being used as almost a general discussion area and people are asking questions in it. I think the admins are probably aware that it isn't working quite as intended. If everyone had to register to post a comment, well, maybe some would and some wouldn't.It might boost the number of registered users above (hem hem) 460!

munki

Post by munki »

It is weird that some people would rather not register, doesn't it. In the past we have posted messages up there ourselves encouraging people to start new threads on these subjects & there has been no repsonse...We are working on things one, or two at a time, here... At the moment it's the gallery & the search facility. Improvements to the gallery have been hindered by the fact that my own digital camera & computer haven't been working recently... I have had to retire my beloved old lap top with honours. This has been rectified in the last couple of days & I am going Urban Hiking with my camera today to get some stuff that I can mess around with.With respect to the Have Your Say section, JanCee, we will give some thought to its future. It might be that, once the Content Management System is in place, we will add a message to the top of that page telling people that they are much more likely to get a good response if they register & post a new thread...
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Absolutely munki. I can't say i've ever seen that section! Come on folks get registered if you have things to share!!! By the way munki it's real bad news loosing your internet connection as i know from recent bugger ups! We can't cope without our technology these days!!
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Scandy Bramley

Post by Scandy Bramley »

ORR...we could make the forum "view only" for guests - only registered members would be allowed to post?Just a thought...
You can take the lad out of Leeds - but you can't take the Leeds out of the lad.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

As you will probably have noticed by now, the Have Your Say section has been removed - was doing my nut in too.All the history has been saved in a thread in General Chat.dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.