Are there security risks with some of the sites content?

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

On opening the Secret Leeds home page I got this message "Internet Explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors". I do not recall ever seeing such a message before. I got into the site with no problem and all seems OK.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

I wouldn't have thought it was anything to worry about Leo.I think it's just one of the quirks of Secret Leeds. It only seems to run compatible with Windows 98 or earlier     
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

I saw something similar the other day and I think it's something to do with the adverts now running.Rule of thumb I work to is that if Google tells you it's unsafe then stay away for 24 hours but this is just "certificate out of date" which, I think, means one of the advertisers forgot to pay their bill but it's OK now.If you see it again though might be as well to copy and paste it here so the moderators know.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I've just got the message again. There is nothing to copy and paste as the notification is just what I posted earlier. There is an option "Show content" but I do not want to risk clicking on that. Like BarFly, I also suspect it is to do with one (or more) adverts. I feel sure it is a genuine IE notification as it appears where I get notifications about problems with websites.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Leodian wrote: I've just got the message again. There is nothing to copy and paste as the notification is just what I posted earlier. There is an option "Show content" but I do not want to risk clicking on that. Like BarFly, I also suspect it is to do with one (or more) adverts. I feel sure it is a genuine IE notification as it appears where I get notifications about problems with websites. I have just clicked on "show content" & it takes you back to SL

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Thanks for that uncle mick.Having just again got the same notification after signing off then going back into SL I clicked on the 'Show content' and it also then brought up the SL website. Curious!

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Today I had the warning message but then SL error server message site unobtainable.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

+ v. very slow

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

HI there, not sure what that's all about but if I can replicate the problem I'll investigate further. As for site down/slow over the last few days, (1) I forgot to pay the bill so we got cut off for a few hours, and (2) the new server is shared with other sites and if they experience a spike in traffic it slows down SL. I'm going to investigate other options in the coming weeks which will handle the load better.
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Hi dsco.I hope you are not having personal costs to run the website as that would be very wrong. I believe the adverts may be bringing in some money so I hope that covers all the expenses of the running of Secret Leeds.