Need some help?

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
munki

Post by munki »

Rikj & everyone.It's fine to post pics from Leodis - I have actually met with them & agreed to this. So put up whatever you want from there & credit it with the website address - www.leodis.net - to spread the word about a great site!
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

rikj

Post by rikj »

Thanks.

kenneth

Post by kenneth »

Firstly can I say what a great site this is and the behaviour of posters seems exemplary. A question- how do I put an avatar picture next to my posts please?
"The Future is not what it used to be"Regards- Kenneth

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Your user icon has to be hosted on another site, such as Picasa or Flickr... then you put a link to it on your profile page.Weird and wonderful, as is posting a picture.

kenneth

Post by kenneth »

Brunel wrote: Your user icon has to be hosted on another site, such as Picasa or Flickr... then you put a link to it on your profile page.Weird and wonderful, as is posting a picture. Thank you

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Something else not obvious is that unless there is a new post, you only see threads active during the last month.If you scroll down from the top of the contents page to the 'General Discussion' area you will find a list of all forum headings.Clicking on one of these will again, bring up a list of threads active during the last month.Scroll to the bottom of the list and in the righthand corner there is a little drop-down menu - click on this and you will have the option of choosing to see every thread posted in that topic area - and there are hundreds of them - happy reading!

kenneth

Post by kenneth »

chameleon wrote: Something else not obvious is that unless there is a new post, you only see threads active during the last month.If you scroll down from the top of the contents page to the 'General Discussion' area you will find a list of all forum headings.Clicking on one of these will again, bring up a list of threads active during the last month.Scroll to the bottom of the list and in the righthand corner there is a little drop-down menu - click on this and you will have the option of choosing to see every thread posted in that topic area - and there are hundreds of them - happy reading! Thank you. I did put some images into Picassa but as yet have not succeeded in creating an avatar but I guess I will get there in the end. I am however really enjoying this forum and people are so helpful

Nibby

Post by Nibby »

Hi guys i need some help i've just registered and i was wondering if some one could help me start a thread.. I want to find out about the history of my home village Gildersome and i'm not sure where to start?

anthonydna

Post by anthonydna »

Click on "new thread" at the bottom of the page.

Leedsboy

Post by Leedsboy »

Hi there! Thanks for the link to request help but I have tried it a couple of times and get the following error: Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address. <[email protected]>: Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected] there another email to use? I'd like to request that some content in a couple of the postings be moderated as it doesn't seem to follow your policies.Many thanks!