Street Games

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

tilly wrote: .Answer get a garden cane five foot long split the end for about six inches put a match stalk into the gap so the gap is just under the size of a penny push the cane over the penny this will open the gap.The match will fall out and the cane will grip the penny .Who said we were thick from Hunslet.     Oh, why ever didn't you patent it tilly ?? - plus an optional extra adaptor adjustable to any size of coin - I know a few small vacant premises where we could start up production pretty soon
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

tilly

Post by tilly »

BLAKEY wrote: tilly wrote: .Answer get a garden cane five foot long split the end for about six inches put a match stalk into the gap so the gap is just under the size of a penny push the cane over the penny this will open the gap.The match will fall out and the cane will grip the penny .Who said we were thick from Hunslet.     Oh, why ever didn't you patent it tilly ?? - plus an optional extra adaptor adjustable to any size of coin - I know a few small vacant premises where we could start up production pretty soon Hi BLAKEY You just have to shorten the match for smaller coins not that we ever got to see any other coins other than pennys poor has church mice.I will draw up a plan and we can start production when you are ready Ha. Ha.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

The talk of attempting to get at coins reminded me of how common nowadays it is to see coins and occasionally notes on the ground. I don't go around deliberately looking down but some finds are very obvious. I no longer even bother picking up 1p and 2p coins. Many months back now I saw some notes at the Briggate end of Thorntons Arcade. On picking them up I found it was £100. I took it to Millgarth police station where, as nobody reported the loss, it was subsequently given to me. I gave it to charity. Sorry for going off-thread but it did not seem worth starting a new thread just for this.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.