Ideal pub crawl

Your favourite days out round Leeds
cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

skippy wrote: hi there dont speak of what you dont know about then the pub was a bit dowdy inside but it was friendly a good crowd of regulars who never said a bad word about anyone Frankly i take exception to anyone telling me not to speak of what i dont know,my comment was that I never saw anyone go in or out of the pub,and as most of my family lived on Quarry hill so i spent a lot of time down there and as a result of this I KNOW ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!! My other pointwas that the pub ran a competion for anyone to be able to work out how they got the car in,perhaps as you went in there then you would remember this,in fact i finished my last message asking if anyone could solve this.i never passed any comment on what the pub was like,or who went in it as i was too young to go in ,so why you are making a comment like this is beyond me.Perhaps you should have read the post properley before saying i was taking the P*** and that i should not speak about what i dont know.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Jimbo5553

Post by Jimbo5553 »

cnosni wrote: slw wrote: We used to go into Leeds City Centre on a Saturday night and the pub/bar crawl would usually go something like,The Conservatory Observatory, The Bank, The Boulevard, Stumps, Yell and then Ritzy or Top Banana at the Town & Country Club. Sometimes go to The Bond, PackHorse or the Guildford to start with. Then on the way home we would go via Capones pizza shop or The Alternative kebab shop which were on New Briggate. Ah yes,the alernative kebab shop.In fact im sure that there were eventually 2 of them,quite apt considering it was called alternative 2.The Guildford was a top pub,though now changed a lot the premises still have real ale on,well at least the last tim i went they did. the Guildford as was is now called 'The Northern Monkey'jimbo

Jimbo5553

Post by Jimbo5553 »

cnosni wrote: skippy wrote: hi cnosni in the 60s i used to go on a pub crawl with my mate we would go to the prospect on south accom. then to the slip inn.then the hampton and white horse and always finish in the woodpecker. those were the days when us lasses were safe they were no rippers about and we could have a good night out thanks for thread it was good to read Here is something weird,i never ever,ever,ever saw anyone go in or out of the Woodpecker!!Was there a secret underground entrance ????I used to pass it regularly before my drinking years and all i can remember is that there was a sign in the window showing off their new dj "booth",which was a car,possibly a vauxhall viva or something like that.the sign went on to say that the pub was running a prize competition to see if anyone could guess how they got the car in the pub,they claimed that they did not dismantle it before re assembling it in the pub.Anyone else remember that? it was a Morris Minor and the registration was PUB 1jimbo

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Jimbo5553 wrote: cnosni wrote: skippy wrote: hi cnosni in the 60s i used to go on a pub crawl with my mate we would go to the prospect on south accom. then to the slip inn.then the hampton and white horse and always finish in the woodpecker. those were the days when us lasses were safe they were no rippers about and we could have a good night out thanks for thread it was good to read Here is something weird,i never ever,ever,ever saw anyone go in or out of the Woodpecker!!Was there a secret underground entrance ????I used to pass it regularly before my drinking years and all i can remember is that there was a sign in the window showing off their new dj "booth",which was a car,possibly a vauxhall viva or something like that.the sign went on to say that the pub was running a prize competition to see if anyone could guess how they got the car in the pub,they claimed that they did not dismantle it before re assembling it in the pub.Anyone else remember that? it was a Morris Minor and the registration was PUB 1jimbo Cheers Jimbo,well..... how did they get it in then?
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

rogerb

Post by rogerb »

Here is something weird,i never ever,ever,ever saw anyone go in or out of the Woodpecker!!Was there a secret underground entrance ????well, i used to use the door :-). it was possible to look out the window at the big dent in the flyover my mate John made with a lamp-post fixing lorry.

zip55

Post by zip55 »

The Granville, Duke, Plasterers, Little London, Wade, Mecca ... 1971 aged 16.

ceejaylufc

Post by ceejaylufc »

All depended on if anybody was driving or not (not drinking of course) If we had the teetotal driver, it would be Travellers Rest at Croggy, down to the Station, to the Devon for one, back to the travellers rest and then off up to the Beehive at Thorner for last orders, if the teetotaller for the night wasn't hacked off at that point, head off into town to Naffees for a curry.If everybody was drinking, it used to be Travellers Rest, station, then to the Manston, Cockbeck, walk down Barwick Road to Lion and Lamb and then off to the windmill and Sedans.Ahhh, those were the days

ceejaylufc

Post by ceejaylufc »

sorry - that was early 80's - forgot to mention that

Dave Mruk

Post by Dave Mruk »

Sedans 1978. That was my first taste of a nightclub. I'd only been in half hour and somebody was glassed. I didn't bother much with the place after that. I don't remember doing much taxi-ing those days. We'd start in the Wilson's Arms, up to the Melbourne, then the Travs at Crossgates, before walking down to the Station, and doubling back on ourselves, just in time for the last orders [10.30] in the Willies. I can never figure why I would want three pints at last orders after a skinful. Brew Ten and Stones. They also sold something called Electric Blue? Does anyone remember The Travellers' Rest selling milk in the early 80s? [Laughs]
Researching the men of the 10th West Yorkshire Regiment in the Great War. Ca Ira!

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

slw wrote: We used to go into Leeds City Centre on a Saturday night and the pub/bar crawl would usually go something like,The Conservatory Observatory, The Bank, The Boulevard, Stumps, Yell and then Ritzy or Top Banana at the Town & Country Club. Sometimes go to The Bond, PackHorse or the Guildford to start with. Then on the way home we would go via Capones pizza shop or The Alternative kebab shop which were on New Briggate. Early 90's? Me too! Then a taxi home from A1 Metro Cabs on the end of New Briggate.My tastes have changed a bit in the last 20(!) years - recent pub crawls in Leeds have featured Wethers in the station (not a great pub but a handy meeting point that does real ale), Town Hall Tavern, Victoria, Dr Okells (or whatever it's called this week), Scabby Taps, Prince of Wales (handy for the station again).Or, Scabby Taps, PoW, Adelphi, The Grove, Midnight Bell, Cross Keys and back to the Scabby Taps.Next time out we're going to incorporate the Brewery Tap - maybe start there then down the secret steps opposite next to the NCP to the Prince of Wales and onwards.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell