Day of Mysteries & Magic

Your favourite days out round Leeds
Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I hope people don't mind if i mention the conference I am doing at The Swarthmore this Sunday to celebrate 25 years of my Pagan moot.I iwll be talking about strange hooded being sightings(paranormal I mean!) while others are on Runes,Paranormal,ways of protecting the house,witchcraft
Attachments
mysteries2.jpg
mysteries2.jpg (345.84 KiB) Viewed 13726 times
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Oh dear you mentioned the runes.And I recall the film of childhood that terrified me, Night of the Demon..

anthonydna

Post by anthonydna »

How do I get a nickname like Tony "The Bone" ?

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Jogon wrote: Oh dear you mentioned the runes.And I recall the film of childhood that terrified me, Night of the Demon.. a good film let down by a [edited for content] monster effect.From an excellent MR James story.In fact a couple of the talks are about Rune magic which was the subject of the film and story although as far as I know we have no plans to summon a demon<G>. There is also a stall selling runes and rune jewellry!

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Hi Steve, what's a 'hooded entity'? Is it anything like a forest prescence? I once had an overwhelming encounter with one of those. Is the stall going to be the guys from The Sorcerors Apprentice? Is like to pick up some copies of The Lamp of Thoth magazine etc.
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

jonleeds wrote: Hi Steve, what's a 'hooded entity'? Is it anything like a forest prescence? I once had an overwhelming encounter with one of those. Is the stall going to be the guys from The Sorcerors Apprentice? Is like to pick up some copies of The Lamp of Thoth magazine etc. What I will be talking about are sightings of black (rarely green) entities appearing sometimes as large figures around 7-8 tall and sometimes as dwarfish figures around 3-4 feet tall.they are seen around old sites ,forests etc. and also seem to be attracted to magicical activity.too long to go into here.SA won't be there.The Earth mysteries magazine Northern Earth which covers sacred sites,folklore and also subjects such as forest sightings will have a stall there as the editor John Billingsley is giving a talk on the Luck of The house about the various objects such as mummified cats,witch bottles etc that people have used to attract good luck or repel bad over the centuries and whic he has written a new book on.there will also be a stall selling Runes and runic jewellry,one with incence and wands and another jewellry stall.    

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I had a great conference. 65 attendees and we made a slight profit.Thanks to those of you who came along.i hope to do another once I have recovered from planning this one <LOL>.