BFI - Edwardian Summer, 3 Old Leeds Films

Your favourite days out round Leeds
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Sorry I cannot give a link.I was watching these on someone else's TV which has an online facility.On BFI ?tv, there's a section called Edwardian Summer.This has a selection of films from around the north, but of interest here areARMLEY & WORTLEY CARNIVAL 1904HUNSLET CARNIVAL & GALA 1904LEEDS LIFEBOAT PROCESSION AND SPORTS AT ROUNDHAY PARK 1902I think the first two are shorts / 3+ mins but the lifeboat one is about 18 mins.If anyone can give a link that'd help.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Some info here http://tinyurl.com/lyq3xqr"Including unique content from film pioneers Mitchell and Kenyon, the footage will be available only on an app for certain Samsung internet-connected televisions".

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Just checked and it was, is an internet connected Samsung Smart TV which has "BFI Player".Oh well..If there are any SL Samsung Smart TV enabled readers, get the kettle on and I'll bring the buns.

Hats Off

Post by Hats Off »

Thanks for the heads up, just watched the three Leeds films, they were mostly just processions with very little of Leeds to be seen. The best one was the lifeboats at Roundhay park, two full sized lifeboats with crews rowing on the lake with people diving off the top of the boats into the water, no health & safety then.

simong

Post by simong »

The BFI also have a YouTube channel with a lot of films on, including several from Leeds from the same period although I can't find those three. If you have Virgin TV you should be able to find them on the YouTube channel (198 on Tivo last time I looked, and somewhere in the menu in the V+ boxes).