Tour de France Leeds

Your favourite days out round Leeds
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Weather permitting I shall go out tomorrow (July 5) to hope to see the Red Arrows flypast over Harewood. In some information I've found it states it is expected to be shortly after 11:00 to about 11:50. Oddly, in the Royal Airforce webpages that I've seen there is nor mention of the event in the Red Arrows calendar (the Red Arrows are due to give a display in Lincolnshire later in the afternoon of July 5).
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

I may not live in Leeds any more but I do love Yorkshire humour.
Attachments
TDF.jpg
TDF.jpg (58.91 KiB) Viewed 2546 times

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Geordie-exile wrote: I may not live in Leeds any more but I do love Yorkshire humour. Awesome
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

The start today of the TdF really made me feel proud to be a Loiner and a Yorkshireman. Well done to everyone. The city and the county looks great on TV.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Hi johnny39 I feel like that all the time ,don't need tour de france to do that.
They say i have no talent and that I'm difficult to work with.And they say it as if its a bad thing

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

hyperion wrote: Hi johnny39 I feel like that all the time ,don't need tour de france to do that. So do I but I'm entitled to express an opinion and I will not change it.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Respect
They say i have no talent and that I'm difficult to work with.And they say it as if its a bad thing

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

raveydavey wrote: It's a big jolly for the council and goodness knows how many others funded from the public purse, the road closures are excessive, over long and frankly will do the "business" of the city more harm than good. Gridlocking the city centre at rush hour last night so a select few could cycle up to the arena was nothing short of madness - loads of city centre firms closed at lunchtime / mid afternoon so staff could avoid the carnage.The race starts at 11:10 and the cyclists will be out of the city centre by 11:12 - so why the roads will be staying closed until 6:30pm is another mystery.     Well town was rammed with people today. Presumably they spent some money. Stalls cafes and shops up Scott hall road appeared to be doing good trade. I went from headingley to John Charles and back on Thursday rush hour without delay or incident. Has it really been carnage?

anthonydna

Post by anthonydna »

You going to take any post that has the words 'council', 'public purse' and 'carnage' seriously ?

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Now that the tour de france is over, for most people anyway. When can we start to speculate on what honour will bestowed on the Illustrious Gary Verity. Call me cynical but this seems to be the norm for people who organise these showbiz events