Leeds Waterfront Festival 2012

Your favourite days out round Leeds
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Sat 30 June & Sunday 1 July 2012Granary & Brewery WharfClarence DockThwaite Mills (take note Blakey) Vintage bus connections (see location page).http://www.leedswaterfrontfestival.com/location.htmlI only heard of this 'cos the kind lady in the Civic Trust book shop gave me a card about it.Has anyone heard of this free event?

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

This will never do Jogon - advance announcements about events in the city is strictly frowned upon.Do you not know that the Leeds way is to read about such interesting sounding events in the YEP a couple of days after they've happened?Seriously though it does sound like a good weekend of events and well worth a visit - thanks for posting.Just one final query though from the list of events: "Granary Wharf, the Leeds Riviera" - really?
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

There is an article about the event in the June 2012 'North Leeds Life' free magazine that was delivered a couple or more weeks back. I don't know though if there are issues that cover other areas of Leeds.The magazine has a 'They lived in Leeds' section and the subject of that in the June 2012 issue is a very interesting article on 'Leonora Cohen, 1873-1978. JP, OBE, Militant Suffragette' who died aged 105.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

raveydavey wrote: This will never do Jogon - advance announceSeriously though it does sound like a good weekend of events and well worth a visit - thanks for posting.Just one final query though from the list of events: "Granary Wharf, the Leeds Riviera" - really? Just imagine if the Isle of Cynder had survived. Now that would be a cutesy bijou place worth visiting.

Tyke

Post by Tyke »

I remember one they had about 25 years ago it was a great day out and we woundered why they didnt do it again. I think it would be a great way of developing the city if we promoted the citys waterways more. As a side note the it looks like the waste disposal depot on Old Mill Lane Hunslet has removed it planing application so Miller Homes may now go ahead with its marina developement.    
Hunslet born and bread