Grumble grumble

Your favourite days out round Leeds
Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Wanted to take my little girl to Armley Mills on Bank Holiday Monday morning and the museum in the afternoon. Closed. As are all council museums etc. Annoyed. Grumble. Christmas with Museums and GalleriesIt's that time of year again and Leeds Museums and Galleries have lots of Christmas inspired activities to keep you entertained!Our Christmas and New Year opening hours are;Friday, 24th December: all sites will close at 1pmSaturday, 25th December: All sites closedSunday, 26th December: All sites closedMonday, 27th December: All sites closedTuesday, 28th December: All sites closedWednesday, 29th December: All sites open as normalThursday, 30th December: All sites open as normalFriday, 31st December: All sites close at 4pmSaturday, 1st January 2011: All sites closedSunday, 2nd January 2011: Art Gallery closed all other sites open as normalMonday, 3rd January 2011: All sites closedTuesday, 4th January 2011: All sites open as normalHappy holidays!    

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Coal Mining Museum instead!

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

IIRC the museum is closed every monday. Or at least it used to be.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Chrism wrote: IIRC the museum is closed every monday. Or at least it used to be. And officially Monday is the Bank Holiday. Tropical world was an amazing must on Christmas Eve evening when the kids were (a little!) younger. Close early now of course 'to be fair to the staff'. I wonder if they were given a choice when this was brought in?

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

It's only a relatively recent thing to close early for Christmas and New Year - I can certainly remember having to work until 5.30pm on Christmas Eve and again on New Years Eve not that long ago (oddly largely undisturbed by customers who presumably were also at work...).It does make a bit of a mockery of things though for sites where there is going to be a genuine demand to be closed. I guess people will have to take their kids to the White Rose instead?
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Crazy Jane

Post by Crazy Jane »

When i was a civil servant, chrstmas and new years eve were workdays.My last works shut from around 20th Dec through to start of Jan, so you had to use a few days leave for the days that the centre was closed for that weren;t bank holidays or weekends.
Evil and ambition scatter in the the darkness, leaving behind dubious rumors to fly in public. To the next world, I commit thee.

Crazy Jane

Post by Crazy Jane »

btw if it makes you feel any better, Atos seemed to be having business as usual and tried to get me in for an assessment at 9am on Christmas eve.
Evil and ambition scatter in the the darkness, leaving behind dubious rumors to fly in public. To the next world, I commit thee.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Crazy Jane wrote: When i was a civil servant, chrstmas and new years eve were workdays. I'm a civil servant and those are still work days for me.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

CardieYou'll have got over this now. But ref Armley Mills - did you see the episode of Who d'ya think yar with actress Emilia Fox.I was typical grump mode 'some tedious posh acting dynasty etc' but it was the best episode I've seen.And rather than acting Fox she was Leeds Fox dynasty. Won't spoil it for you - but you get a trip to the museum...

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

I did see that, v interesting. Went for a blustery day in the Dales instead....Mud, mud, glorious mud....:-D