Grumble grumble

Your favourite days out round Leeds
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Newforge Irish Stew [Ed - bought in Leeds] bit of a fave, simply add curry paste for a taste of the exotic.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

uncle mick wrote: Hope it tastes better than it looks They tasted great, well they did to me as a kid! I seem to recall though that the tins were very plain. Mind you it would have been in the 1950s since I last saw a whole chicken in a tin. Finger chicking good!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi Jojon its not you that set me off just went back to my childhood.I thought how lucky we are in this day and age if we only stopped to think about it.We were so poor has a treat my mum would take me and my sister down to Leeds City Station to watch people going on holiday.He.He.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

tilly wrote: Hi Jojon its not you that set me off just went back to my childhood.I thought how lucky we are in this day and age if we only stopped to think about it.We were so poor has a treat my mum would take me and my sister down to Leeds City Station to watch people going on holiday.He.He. Tilley - you were lucky!We couldn't afford clothes. When I was four me Mam bought me a hat so I could look out of the window.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Jogon wrote: tilly wrote: Hi Jojon its not you that set me off just went back to my childhood.I thought how lucky we are in this day and age if we only stopped to think about it.We were so poor has a treat my mum would take me and my sister down to Leeds City Station to watch people going on holiday.He.He. Tilley - you were lucky!We couldn't afford clothes. When I was four me Mam bought me a hat so I could look out of the window. Window? Pah, we dreamed of having a window....
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

tilly

Post by tilly »

raveydavey wrote: Jogon wrote: tilly wrote: Hi Jojon its not you that set me off just went back to my childhood.I thought how lucky we are in this day and age if we only stopped to think about it.We were so poor has a treat my mum would take me and my sister down to Leeds City Station to watch people going on holiday.He.He. Tilley - you were lucky!We couldn't afford clothes. When I was four me Mam bought me a hat so I could look out of the window. Window? Pah, we dreamed of having a window.... I had my feet painted black so it looked like i had shoes on
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Marvellous.[Ed - these are Leeds jokes]