Ducks and Swings

Your favourite days out round Leeds
raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Hi, I need your help!We're looking after our nephews tonight and tomorrow - two 3 year olds and an 8 year old. They love to feed the ducks and also like playgrounds, especially swings.Any idea where we can go on the east side of Leeds to combine the two (although not simultaneously, obviously)?The obvious place is Roundhay Park but it does tend to get a bit crowded. Are there any ducks at Temple Newsam? I know there are the lakes at the bottom, but it's ages since I've been down there.Or Fairburn Ings, not exactly Leeds I know and unlikely to have any swings, but I'm guessing there will be plenty of hungry ducks?Thanks
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Richard A Thackeray

Post by Richard A Thackeray »

HiSadly the old lay-by'/pull-in at Fairburn Ings is now blocked off & returned to 'the wild' (about 2 years ago)I ride past it, perhaps twice a weekWhether that was anything to do with the RSPB, who have a centre a bit further back to towards Allerton Bywater, leaning on the Council, is anyones guess.How about:Golden Acre Park?Otley? (playground on the north-side of the Wharfe, & birds there too. Plus!, 'Dunnies' cafe on the town-side of the river)Pugneys? (if you want to come to Wakefield, head back into the ciy from jct 39/M62)NewMillerDam? (on the A61, Barnsley to Wakefield turn-pike road. There's some nice buildings in the area too!)    

tilly

Post by tilly »

Yeadon Tarn has plenty of ducks and geese to feed and i think there is a playground there as well.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

tilly wrote: Yeadon Tarn has plenty of ducks and geese to feed and i think there is a playground there as well. I second that motion.Then followed up by fish dinner at billy murgs.
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Brandy wrote: tilly wrote: Yeadon Tarn has plenty of ducks and geese to feed and i think there is a playground there as well. I second that motion.Then followed up by fish dinner at billy murgs. Hi Brandy that sounds like a great day out to me.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Thanks all - some good ideas there.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Otley has a lovely park for both adults and kids, well they did last year and there are plenty of ducks on the river alongside.
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?