Elland Road Football Ground

Your favourite days out round Leeds
uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

It seems that there were two companys in competion regards greyhound racing.The Greyhound Racing Association which owned/leased Fullerton Park and The Greyhound Racing Company which I assume ran the track at the other side of the road.The Greyhound Racing Company went into liquidation in Jan 1928.I assume the GRA moved from Fullerton Park across the road sometime after thatAttached is a statement from GRA on 21st Nov 1927
Attachments
__TFMF_xlpxjy45d1ogw2zryjj5ii45_63ce6589-0de7-40d1-b533-ff499a0ab2cc_0_main.png
__TFMF_xlpxjy45d1ogw2zryjj5ii45_63ce6589-0de7-40d1-b533-ff499a0ab2cc_0_main.png (134.5 KiB) Viewed 17044 times

geoffb

Post by geoffb »

Bumped for SuddenElite

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Anyone got any ideas what is being built opposite the football ground on ER? Seen some construction on the land that used to be the greyhound track from the train the other day.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

LS1 wrote: Anyone got any ideas what is being built opposite the football ground on ER? Seen some construction on the land that used to be the greyhound track from the train the other day. I wonder if it may have anything to do with the Leeds Valentine Fair that is being held at Elland Road from Feb 14.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

book

Post by book »

It's the new police station HQ
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

LS1

Post by LS1 »

thanks - conveniently placed then. I take it this will be the "New Millgarth"?

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

LS1 wrote: thanks - conveniently placed then. I take it this will be the "New Millgarth"? with thanks to Leeds No1 on Skyscraper Cityhttp://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=8 ... t=711There are some better renders somewhere but cant find them.Yes its the replacement for Millgarth (though its been virtually empty for years) and Holbeck.The council is buying/bought the old station to develop a car park to try and get John Lewis fully onboard with the Eastgate project.This is because Hammerson,who are doing the Eastgate develepment are now proposing splitting the development into 2 phases,phase 1 being the south of Eastgate and phase 2 being the north.Problem is that the parking element is in phase 2,and John Lewis are not happy about opening in phase 1 without a carpark that can be reached under cover.Hence the council buying Millgarth,which will be next to John Lewis,to make a carpark.If they do then it would also be a good idea to have a covered walkway from the car park to the Playhouse.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

j.c.d.

Re: Elland Road Football Ground

Post by j.c.d. »

My brother and I were taken by my Father to Elland Road just after the War about 1947 and apart from National Service in the mid 1950s I have been more or less around the Stadium and I have never known the pitch being anything but the way it is . have I missed something ?,