Lost Night-Clubs of Leeds!

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
Chrism

Post by Chrism »

It was Hi-Flyers then Planet Earth.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Kimura

Post by Kimura »

slw wrote: Reginal Perrin wrote: kierentc wrote: i was an 80s teenager. i frequented such places like confettis/ritzys in the merrion centre, mister craigs where gatecrasher is now, and sunset and vine on east parade (i think)oh the shame Same here mate. Warehouse, Maddisons, whatever that place in City Square was called with the revolving dancefloor (it became Bondi Beach at somepoint), TC's up the side of the Merrion Centre, Digby's / Len's Bar, oh the memories. The nightclub on City Square was High Flyers and then Planet Earth(& paparazzi bar) before it became Bondi Beach. Before all them was'nt it "the news"

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Kimura wrote: slw wrote: Reginal Perrin wrote: kierentc wrote: i was an 80s teenager. i frequented such places like confettis/ritzys in the merrion centre, mister craigs where gatecrasher is now, and sunset and vine on east parade (i think)oh the shame Same here mate. Warehouse, Maddisons, whatever that place in City Square was called with the revolving dancefloor (it became Bondi Beach at somepoint), TC's up the side of the Merrion Centre, Digby's / Len's Bar, oh the memories. The nightclub on City Square was High Flyers and then Planet Earth(& paparazzi bar) before it became Bondi Beach. Before all them was'nt it "the news" Yes and as mentioned before - showing some questionable titles!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Kimura wrote: slw wrote: Reginal Perrin wrote: kierentc wrote: i was an 80s teenager. i frequented such places like confettis/ritzys in the merrion centre, mister craigs where gatecrasher is now, and sunset and vine on east parade (i think)oh the shame Same here mate. Warehouse, Maddisons, whatever that place in City Square was called with the revolving dancefloor (it became Bondi Beach at somepoint), TC's up the side of the Merrion Centre, Digby's / Len's Bar, oh the memories. The nightclub on City Square was High Flyers and then Planet Earth(& paparazzi bar) before it became Bondi Beach. Before all them was'nt it "the news" Yes as a cinema and as mentioned before - showing some questionable titles!

mhoulden

Post by mhoulden »

Nice photo of when it was the Tatler on Leodis at http://www.leodis.org/display.aspx?reso ... ULLThere's a film called Danish and Blue from 1970 listed on IMDB which really isn't suitable for a family audience, and the only reference I could find to Sweet Wounded Bird is on the Leodis caption to this picture.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

mhoulden wrote: Nice photo of when it was the Tatler on Leodis at http://www.leodis.org/display.aspx?reso ... ULLThere's a film called Danish and Blue from 1970 listed on IMDB which really isn't suitable for a family audience, and the only reference I could find to Sweet Wounded Bird is on the Leodis caption to this picture. Tatler, that's what I was htinking of, ta

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I wonder what happened to the Tatler obelisk?
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Kava

Post by Kava »

Oh i went to ritzy when i was 14, well i went once. I really miss the phono =/ Had a moment of absolute glee today when i was shopping, was walking back from crown point and walked past the cosmopolitan hotel and across the road i saw 'Phono'... i went and had a look and it looks like its mostly dance and rave stuff... i couldnt see anything that hinted the old Phono type of nights would be there.. and ive tried to find a website for it... i would be sooo happy if this Phono does or will be holding the old Phono type nights... make my life that would!Apart from the good ol' Phono.. used to go to wendyhouse, strawbs and drydock (though those arent clubs), cockpit... dare i say it, i went to evolution once.. (i was only 14 though!)i tend to prefer bars...carpe diem is a nice haunt of mine.. when i have time to go..
I can only please one person a day, today I choose me

julesd

Post by julesd »

Kava just read your message and I've noticed that Phono place too but think you're right not anything like the old Phono. There is a Phono reunion night though on 30th December at The Wire (nr Blue Rinse/Corn Exchange). I've not been to one before but supposed to be good.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Geordie-exile wrote: Willy wrote: Remember the Peel on Boar Lane,downstairs in the very damp club, late 60s early 70s also the very big bouncer on the door,I remember his nickname was lurch.no offence to the guy, we got on really well unlike others when he kept order on the door. That would be Tony - there are a couple of mentions of him elsewhere on the site if you do a search. I've just read on another forum that Tony Hardcastle was killed. Is that true?