Leeds jazz in the 60's

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

I've not been around headingley for a while, has anyone heard of Ed O'Donnell or any of the other Leeds Names?

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Jogon wrote: I've not been around headingley for a while, has anyone heard of Ed O'Donnell or any of the other Leeds Names? Just read on the web that Ed O'Donnell passed away this week http://northernjazz-live.blogspot.co.uk ... t-rip.html

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Thanks MickEd's daughter writes:-"Ed passed late on his birthday last week. My sister and I are staying with Mum, while we sort out the necessaries, etc. It was a shock, as he was due some surgery soon and we were preparing ourselves for that, but one must be philosophical about these things; he went out exactly how he wanted to, after a night out at his club with his pals. So, I have details of the send off we are putting together, if you and the Secret Leeds clan would like to join us? It's on 04 March; let me know if you would like the particulars (the band are playing).

Cropper

Post by Cropper »

Brian Herbert, Banjo player with Ed and others died last week. Sad Loss, he was a lovely man
cropper

homer

Post by homer »

Hi Ed's Daughter, (I'm sorry I don't know your name) I had the privelidge of playing banjo with Ed's band for a time aeons ago and I would like to try and make it on the 4th March. If you don't mind posting details, I'd like to be there.Homer.

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Ed O'Donnell's funeral arrangements from Jim Wright last night. It will be held on Tuesday, 4 March, starting at 10.15 with a Requiem Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes church on Cardigan Road. Cremation at 11.40 at Lawnswood Crematorium and "do" afterwards at Armley Conservative Club which is off Armley Ridge Road, LS12 3NU.    

pashy2

Post by pashy2 »

Very sorry to hear of Ed's passing.Just phoned Ron Walters who lives now about 10km from us in W Aust.He was stunned and sorry he can't make the 4th at the "Cons".Ron is the Leeds Rag marcher in the bowler shown in Uncle Micks link to northernjazz.My wife and self are coming over in to Leeds in late May and hope to catch up with my Old Man's mates and Ed's esp J Irons.R I P Ed -- legend

pashy2

Post by pashy2 »

Ed "Oh Didn't He Ramble"

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Video etchttp://tinyurl.com/n9s2v2t

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

Thank you Uncle Mick for the link to the great wee video clip. It brought back lots of happy memories of listening to Ed in The Coburg many years ago.