Leeds jazz in the 60's

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
Pashy

Post by Pashy »

When Liz or you see Ed again, ask him if you could join the "Duster's Convention" his jaw will drop and he'll buy you a pint for sure.

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

I'll do that Pashy and let you know the results. Wont be till Liz comes back, though.

Pashy

Post by Pashy »

Goodonya Dalehelms, it would be good to learn if those blokes I mentioned in my original post are still belting out the tunes.Ed & his wife Anne were good friends of my late parents Frank & Wynne.Cheers Andy

LeeRatbag

Post by LeeRatbag »

Chrism wrote: LeeRatbag wrote: The Haddon Hall's still there, but hasn't had live music since the early 90s. I played there myself once, in '92. I saw a band called Runston Parva at the Haddon once, they went on to become... ... ... ... ... Oh! What's the name now!!! ;-) Heh. I've been using the same rehearsal room as them since they started. Never thought they'd get anywhere. Shows how much I know... If RP played the Haddon, they must have stopped having bands on a lot later than I thought. Late 90s maybe?

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

Just to say that Ed O'Donnell will be playing at The Grey Horse Pub, next to Kirkgate station in Wakefield, this Thursday........and Pashy, Liz's name is Neylan. I'm hoping she'll come up with the names of the current band members.

Pashy

Post by Pashy »

Dalehelms & LizThanks for doing all this.Ed's old Black Eagles lineup were Jim Fuller,Nedwebsdale-trumpetMartin Fox,Alf Potts-clarinet----Bill Bowskill-base---Bernie Wild-drumsI hope some of the old Man's cronies are still kicking.Don't forget to mention the "Duster's Convention"- you're guarnteed a laugh. Anne O'Donnell used to make the winners medals.Wish I could be there.Cheers & Thanks again,Andy

Pashy

Post by Pashy »

Dalehelms my new mate.Almost forgot--Is Liz,Liz Neylan the artist ?If so she might have known my Dad Frank Pash who was quite a well known Leeds artist in the early 60s. And she might have known Anne O'Donnell who was a lecturer in jewelry design at the Leeds College of Art.Cheers again,

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

Yes Pashy, she is indeed Liz the artist. She knows both Ann and Ed. I'm having lunch with her on July 24th. The plan is to log on to SL and for her to furnish you with any information that she has. Before long you'll be back over here for a 60's Jazz reunion courtesy of SL! Pity their budget wont be able to stretch to your fare!

Pashy

Post by Pashy »

Brilliant Dalehelms,I'll be coming over in the too distant future. Perhaps we could meet up for a beer or ten.Could you please ask Liz to pass on Frank Pash's son's regards to Ed & Anne.ThanksAndy

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

Will do, with pleasure!