Happy Birthday Secret Leeds! An invite...

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
liits

Post by liits »

ackers72 wrote: Great night, great people, great food yumyum!!!! mushy peas and battered fish butties!!!!Great to see some of you all and put names to faces, would be great to do again but before the next Feb 29th!!!!And getting proposed to too lol!!!! And for those who didn’t believe that there is such a delicacy as a Fish & Mushy Pea butty, here it is! Thanks to Munki and DSCO for organising a grand evening.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Personally I would prefer a weekend meet as I wouldn't have to get up early next morning!as long as it is somewhere away from the idiots staggering around Boar Lane and the Headrow areas on late Friday/Saturday nights!in fact if it was an afternoon do,we could maybe explore some of the out of centre pubs mentioned on various pubs threads here, just a thought.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Si

Post by Si »

I'm glad everyone who went to the bash had a good time. I'm sorry I couldn't make it, but I had trouble trying to get out of a wedding anniversary holiday! I am interested in a pub get-together, though, even if I wasn't at the original party - if that's OK?

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Hi Chameleon et al!Yes, I'm still posting a bit if you cast a look round the threads!So sorry to miss the Birthday party. Will be interested to attendanother 'meet' somewhere,a bit later on.Wife recovering from her op very well. I took her for a strolldown the road earlier today, but she's still a bit 'puffed!'She isn't allowed to lift anything heavier than a kettle fora few weeks yet! Meanwhile, I'm in charge of the cuisine,(Spam Sarnies and Lucozade!) And the washing up! GRRR!All for now.Must get the washing in! Ironing tomorrow! Groan!CheersArry

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

arry awk wrote: Hi Chameleon et al!Yes, I'm still posting a bit if you cast a look round the threads!So sorry to miss the Birthday party. Will be interested to attendanother 'meet' somewhere,a bit later on.Wife recovering from her op very well. I took her for a strolldown the road earlier today, but she's still a bit 'puffed!'She isn't allowed to lift anything heavier than a kettle fora few weeks yet! Meanwhile, I'm in charge of the cuisine,(Spam Sarnies and Lucozade!) And the washing up! GRRR!All for now.Must get the washing in! Ironing tomorrow! Groan!CheersArry Arry! Glad to hear all is going well. There is an advantage to doing the, erm, cooking (I use the term advisedly!) - you get to choose when tea-time is! Reminds me of my late Father-in-law's philosophy on washing up - 'let's go out for dinner'! Take care of yourselves .

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Weekend drink sounds good to me,afternoon start ok too.We could combine this with a little historical tour if you like,Phill suggested a bit of an old railway tour round town.we could also incorporate other tours/meets in other areas/subjects,though i think Beeston would be thin on the ground.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

cnosni wrote: Weekend drink sounds good to me,afternoon start ok too.We could combine this with a little historical tour if you like,Phill suggested a bit of an old railway tour round town.we could also incorporate other tours/meets in other areas/subjects,though i think Beeston would be thin on the ground. Yeah thanks for bringing that up mate.. As you say it might be nice to sort a little trip around the town with the cameras first. It could be railway stuff, pubs, anything in a nice little radius of the boozer chosen for a few pints after..
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

kierentc

Post by kierentc »

i can't commit to a specific time as work shifts. but if i'm not working i'll be there :-Danyone fancy a tour of alwoodley, rotfl we could go to leeds 17...but i think it's probably a bit posey wine-bar-ish...

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

weekend afternoons are no good for me - working! Evenings, either midweek or weekend preferable
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

liits

Post by liits »

wiggy wrote: cnosni wrote: Okay,looking good with the numbers so far.What about preferences,ie weekday or weekend.And what about you Wiggy!!!!!! BETTER PART OF A 600MILE ROUND TRIP MATE,HAVE A JOLLY BOYS OUTING AT SOUTHEND,AND I'LL TURN UP.WORKING THIS WEEKEND ANYWAY,MY TURN I THINK. I'd make a 400 odd mile round trip just for the fish & mushy pea butties! Worth every yard.