SecretLeeds Birthday Party

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hello everybody,I hear some distant rumblings about having a birthday party for SecretLeeds. A splendid idea I say!Does anyone have any ideas, thoughts or requests to make about this? I guess it should be held around the 19th Feb, as that's when we launched, but that's a Monday night. Some time on the weekend of the 23rd seems to be a better plan, but I'm open to suggestions.Venue is also up for debate. Munki and I were thinking about The Victoria at the back of the Town Hall - as far as I recall it has function rooms and things, and it also serves proper beer (which I think has to be a major deciding factor).Course, the only problem would be if all the 45,000 people who've visited the site over the past year turn up ... in fact even the 744 registered users could be a bit of an issue. Anyway, I'm seeing badges with SL.com user names on - is this a bit sad? Not sure ... should do it regardless I think.And finally ... there have been a number of requests for a tour of the Town Hall clock tower. Munki is more than happy to sort this out - the only thing is the numbers would be quite limited, to around 30 I believe.Interested parties should email info@secretleeds.com with your name, email address and phone number, and we'll get something sorted out. First come first served, so get yer skates on!Cheers,dsco    
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Munki threw the party idea up when I asked about ensuring we reatain easy access to the older threads after the magical retrieval period of '1 year' had passed.Wonderful idea - there could be some interesting discoveries - and even revelations as we put faces to users and even, real names!!On that one, does your reference to seeing badges mean you've seen people identifying themselves?Wandering round, looking at the collection of people seemingly all keen to examine and investigate the same subject, one which is a current hot topic on Secret Leeds, I do wonder how many people are members - perhaps there is some way (and would people be interested??) to arrange to produce say, a simple pin badge to signify our allegiance to this amazing site and city as well as mark the aniversary?

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Nice idea, a great good will gesture as well DSCO.. The Victoria is a nice little boozer.. they use it for flickr meets as well. My e mails sent for the clock tower a.s.a.p Happy birthday & cheers!
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

Some time on Sunday 24th February would be good for me.

Croggy

Post by Croggy »

I'd be very interested, but would need to know the date to arrange kid-sitting ...

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Victoria sounds good to me,that weekend is good too.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

Sounds like a plan to me!! i'm up for it!!
Love a Landrover

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

rangieowner wrote: Sounds like a plan to me!! i'm up for it!! Hope you wont be driving the Rangie to the do.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

FarnleyBloke

Post by FarnleyBloke »

Book me in a place. I'll be in the blue suit with a white carnation holding a copy of the times, nudge nudge, wink wink etc...

The Doggers

Post by The Doggers »

Sounds interesting although I know nobody on here as I've hardly posted lol.