Hen night in Leeds , July 2014

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
hennyt14

Post by hennyt14 »

Hi , there are 19 of us going to Leeds on the 5th of July this year for a hen night, any ideas of where is best to go , possibly for cocktails and a nightclub, or any other ideas ?

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I'm a bit too old to advise on places henny but you should be aware that July 5th is the day the Tour De France leaves Leeds and al ot of the streets around the centre will be closed most of the day so unless you are arriving by train ,this will affect yourself and your plans.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

hennyt14

Post by hennyt14 »

Hi, yes were getting the train up from Scotland and staying in the City Center, thanks anyway.

scrabblerz

Post by scrabblerz »

The best kept secret in Leeds thats what the T-Shirt says "The Angel" - don't knock it!I am a bit too old too .

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Hello HennyI hope you have a great time in Leeds, there will be plenty of places for you to go. However this website isntteh sort of place to get some tips as our focus is on the history and quirky things that are in Leeds.Perhaps this website will be of help-http://www.visitleeds.co.uk/things-to-do/nightlife.aspx
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

actually we do have a Nightlife section so i would argue it is relevant.Depending on whether you want to tour around interesting bars and restaurants (In which case i would recommend the area around the Corn Exchange),pubs and what passes for Leeds gay quarter in which case Lower Briggate.,Quirky pubs up alleyways in which case you want the main part of Briggate and adjoining areas.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

19 people could be a large number for the more traditional establishments. I would try to plan ahead. If you want lots of drink and fun the Prince Of Wales, around the corner from the station, is a great "proper pub" that will ply you with drink and mention other places to go.

whitecoatboy

Post by whitecoatboy »

the bierkeller is an awesome night its a german style place and very fun, its inside a converted bank near the headrow (the main street in leeds) but you will have to book in advance :-)
if it feels good ......... dig it!

whitecoatboy

Post by whitecoatboy »

or maybe oceana night club if its still open, 3 large floors of dfferent music and also a great night
if it feels good ......... dig it!

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Hens and stags go Park Row/Greek Street. Flares or Firefly [is it still there?] for afters. My own preference would be Briggate mystery changing-around alleyway pubs, but I'm prolly a bit beyond, um, 30.